• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Washington to Mavs

3 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

Curry has actually improved as a shooter 

He is a 34 year old with a jump shot. Gets cooked on defense and brings nothing to a 10 win team except maybe bringing some Duke fans to hornets game as long as their Lakers or Celtics aren’t playing at the same time. buyout option. 

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He is a 34 year old with a jump shot. Gets cooked on defense and brings nothing to a 10 win team except maybe bringing some Duke fans to hornets game as long as their Lakers or Celtics aren’t playing at the same time. buyout option. 

Curry is here because his salary number makes the math work.  the prize is williams and the 2027 1st rounder.  Kinda makes me wonder with all these trades how much MJ handcuffed Mitch in making moves.  I

• Pie 2

Ehhh, PJ was a good bench player with a reasonable contract. We just traded for a worse version and a pick probably around 20 or so, I’m not confident this will return decent value. I guess just a gamble on a Luka injury and Dallas face plant.

34 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Nah I ain't coming to see him

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Now get rid of Clifford 

This is really the bigger issue.

With the pieces we started the year with, there was absolutely no reason for this to be a 10-win team.  Clifford has been and will continue to be the biggest problem in Charlotte.  The players dont care bc there is no accountability or winning culture in place.  I still will never understand why they brought him back instead of D'Antoni or one of the other options that was out there.  I fuging hate Clifford.  He's a prime example of being handed poo you don't deserve because of who you know.  He's a fuging bum.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

Ehhh, PJ was a good bench player with a reasonable contract. We just traded for a worse version and a pick probably around 20 or so, I’m not confident this will return decent value. I guess just a gamble on a Luka injury and Dallas face plant.

PJ is an okay player but he’s not a huge loss. We can replace a PJ caliber player with a top 20 pick in all likelihood and the small chance that the Mavs slump and/or Luka deals with injuries improving the pick could be a down the line upgrade. A break even at least.

But the real kicker in these picks could potentially be that we have a young core right now in Miller, Mark, Melo and Bridges. So there is every chance if we are really competing in a few years, these picks could be used as trade fuel to bring in another star via trade when this young core is in its competitive prime.

• Pie 3