• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl - Gameday Thread

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, Shanny gave the Chiefs a break to figure things out while he tried to lean on Brock Purdy. Then he got down and went back to CMC. It really felt like an ego thing but I honestly don't know what his reasoning was.

He did the same thing with Matt Ryan on a much larger level. I really don’t understand it… He is a great offensive mind but it getting a reputation for choking on the big stage.

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

LOL @ the Huddlers that said Kelce had fallen off a cliff. You know who you are. 

Kelce is still one of the most effective TEs in the league. He may not be as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was (RIP Toby Keith).

He's absolutely on the decline. I don't think anyone said he had "fallen off a cliff".

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He did the same thing with Matt Ryan on a much larger level. I really don’t understand it… He is a great offensive mind but it getting a reputation for choking on the big stage.

It's definitely weird. He literally did the same thing again tonight. Completely abandoned the run and put it all on his QB and refused to adjust when it wasn't working. At least he finally jerked his head out of his ass tonight but it was just too late. He'd let the Chiefs figure it out in the meantime.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Weird ass statement. His son obviously has issues but that doesn’t mean he is a bad dad. Be better man. 

yep, sometimes you can do absolutely everything "right" as a parent and your kid still winds up a screw up. I've known a few families with situations like this and it's sad but just a part of life. Maybe Reid is a terrible parent, I have no idea but it's not for me or anyone else who doesn't know the man to judge him.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

He's absolutely on the decline. I don't think anyone said he had "fallen off a cliff".

You made a statement to that effect. Most players in their mid thirties are "absolutely on the decline," so that's really not saying anything.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

LOL @ the Huddlers that said Kelce had fallen off a cliff. You know who you are. 

Kelce is still one of the most effective TEs in the league. He may not be as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he ever was. (RIP Toby Keith)

I was telling family/friends all of the last couple months when talking about football that the Chiefs would win it all again and my main reasons for that were 1. their elite D and 2. Kelce took the regular season kinda easy since he was somewhat banged up and they didn't need him/need to get the 1 seed, and I fully expected him to come into the playoffs and dominate again giving their O enough of a boost to win it all.

Well, I was right on all counts, which honestly does not happen often at all! but I will take pride in my predictions for now lol.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You made a statement to that effect. Most players in their mid thirties are "absolutely on the decline," so that's really not saying anything.

Find it. I don't think I did. Yeah, that was my point all along. Everyone is on the decline in their mid-30s. That's just biological reality. You just caught feelings when I said it. Which was weird.

My thing is, if you couldn't take down Mahomes this year, when are you going to do it? I fully expect them to load up next year with a receiver or three (one of them being Kelce's eventual replacement). We're just lucky they didn't pick LaPorta last year.

13 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

The 49ers were the better team but that muffed punt killed them. 

This what I was about to say.. People are going to talk about the greatness of Mahomes and company, and rightly so, but that muffed punt was the biggest play of the game. It was in the 3rd quarter of a game that went into OT so no one is going to talk about it. 

17 minutes ago, top dawg said:

My thing is, if you couldn't take down Mahomes this year, when are you going to do it? I fully expect them to load up next year with a receiver or three (one of them being Kelce's eventual replacement). We're just lucky they didn't pick LaPorta last year.

that's what is so scary for the rest of the league. Last year and this year were both transition/partial retool years with the Hill trade, etc. and they went back to back. They honestly will only get better. Of course other teams can get better as well so we'll see how it plays out but there isn't another QB out there that is anywhere friggin near touching Mahomes right now, nor is there a HC anywhere near touching Reid. At least with the Brady patriots you had Manning, Brees, Rodgers all in that same tier with him, and a few guys barely a tier below who could threaten them in Big Ben, Eli, etc.

No one out there on paper even comes close to threatening KC/Mahomes, except maybe a fully healthy Burrow (but even then I think it'll be much tougher for the Bengals now that they paid him, a big reason they could beat the Chiefs before was because he was on a rookie deal). Allen/Bills had their shot, their cap situation is a total mess and they have some aging vets who could be goners. Maybe Harbaugh could get the Chargers close as I do believe in Herbert, but it'll take them some time as the rest of that roster needs some serious work.