• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Tee Higgins to be tagged

Jmac

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Unpopular opinion we should go all in on Chris Jones.

With Evero coaching the D we can really become a force on defense by adding one of the elite defensive players in football.

I feel we can get more bang for buck with Jones.

Normally I agree with putting assets into defense, but right now our offense can't score points. No defense is going to hold an opponent under 14 points a game. We have to put resources into offense first if for no other reason than to say with certainty Bryce is or isn't our QB moving into 25'. 

• Pie 3

22 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Unpopular opinion we should go all in on Chris Jones.

With Evero coaching the D we can really become a force on defense by adding one of the elite defensive players in football.

I feel we can get more bang for buck with Jones.

I'd love Chris Jones, just dont know why he'd come here.  I'd prefer him over Burns if we had to choose who to give money to.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Normally I agree with putting assets into defense, but right now our offense can't score points. No defense is going to hold an opponent under 14 points a game. We have to put resources into offense first if for no other reason than to say with certainty Bryce is or isn't our QB moving into 25'. 

I don't have much faith in Bryce improving significantly. I feel like if we could add a major piece on defense, we could at least be more competitive in every game. Evero is a special DC, I think we should take advantage and create the best defense in football.

I never thought the top WRs would be realistic anyway. Might as well overpay for a real impact defensive player.  Chiefs can't afford him and he already has multiple championships. Jones is a realistic option imo.

Why would Chris Jones come this dumpster fire, other than throwing an obscene amount of money at him?   As others have said, this is the year to prove that Bryce can or can’t be our QB of the future so, giving him weapons and shoring up the OL is job one, two and three.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I'd love Chris Jones, just dont know why he'd come here.  I'd prefer him over Burns if we had to choose who to give money to.

Money

He wanted money last off-season. They tagged him.

Guy has 2 championships. He's looking for his last big payday. Giving Evero that kind of elite defensive player would turn us into the best defense in football.

These WRs are not realistic. Jones on the other hand has motivation to leave. He's already a 2x champion. 

27 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

Yeah, I think people are gonna be sorely disappointed in the kinds of players looking to join us in free agency. Not saying they will all be like that but there aren't gonna be guys kicking the door in to get here.

• Pie 1