• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My first 2024 Panthers Mock Draft

Verge

28 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I know. I was just responding to NFL.com saying Brees was Bryce’s comparison. 

Yeah, some of their comps are wild. Thanks for the discussion. Do you think Bryce is salvageable? I know most are sure he's done. I watched bo nix long enough to see that with the right surroundings, a qb can thrive but I'm not sure if Bryce is able to do that.  

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

You can pull picks from any QB's film where they miss a defender because a lineman is blocking their line of site.

Also the lack of off platform plays was by Reich's design, which is why Stroud would have looked better in his offense. We were damn near last in the league in terms of PA and RPO before Frank was canned, and once he was, we implemented more with Brown calling the plays.

Like I have said time and time again, I'm willing to give Young and the linemen some grace from last season. Frank's offense did no one any favors whatsoever. We'll see how they look with Cannales at the helm. If everyone still looks completely lost and garbage, blow it all up and take the Best QB available in 2025.

I’d love to see a miracle as well, but I just don’t see it happening. Same with Iky. Too many plays where they look like they don’t belong and it’s not something easily fixed.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Yeah, some of their comps are wild. Thanks for the discussion. Do you think Bryce is salvageable? I know most are sure he's done. I watched bo nix long enough to see that with the right surroundings, a qb can thrive but I'm not sure if Bryce is able to do that.  

mini mahoomes was an all timer as well

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

I think Bryce’s ceiling is Jimmy G. By that I mean if he had a good team around him he could be good enough to be carried to success. Our team would be successful in spite of him not because of him. 
Could he be salvaged? IDK, but the track record of QBs like him is very, very low. Short and his low arm strength are always gonna be his biggest faults. 
If Bryce succeeds he would be an exception, not the rule. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

mini mahoomes was an all timer as well

Not surprising in here. I remember Teddy predictions of 4000 and 30TDs, SMH. Heck, people were calling for TMJ to be putting up 1000+ DJ numbers after his incredible 290 yards and a 1 garbage time TD. As much as some people think we are too harsh on players in here, the truth is that we way overestimate our talent levels most times, especially for guys who haven’t yet proven it here like recent draft picks.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yeah I doubt he falls to 5.  Maybe 4 but I think its a late 2nd -3rd.  Kid dominated

It's a FUN WR class.  You get a bit of everything in it.  

The UVA kid in the mock is interesting but I'm unsure about an exclusive slot at 33. He only lined up wide for 6.4% of his snaps. Also one of the oldest WRs in the class. Still, could be pretty damn good. Great burst.     

Troy Franklin - stud.  Jamari Thrash - stud. 

Some more fun ones:

Javon Baker down at UCF - dawg mentality, big play threat, he's a good one. 

Ladd McConkey - Technician that can do it all. St. Brown meets Lav Coles.  A bit of Cobb in there too. 

The WAS kids in Polk & McMillan - Big McMillan fan but tricky eval bc Penix usually launched it up to him open downfield.  He clears the line and gets great separation.  

Jha'quan Jackson outta Tulane is a fave of mine - was Tyjae Spears best bud and he has a lot to like.  Good mentality, part of a really successful team for a few seasons as the primary WR that beat Caleb in last year's crazy Cotton bowl.  Some hype at the Senior Bowl.  

Deep Sleeper: Hayden Hatten

• Pie 3

I checked this out earlier today, I like it honestly.

Do we think Washington makes the rise to 33? Otherwise it feels like a reach. I like Corley later to supplement though, been a big fan of his this season.  If they were swapped I'd love it as well.  The back to back OL picks are great and in line with what I believe will happen.  Overall great mock, excited to see how these things evolve after the combine.

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I’ve been pounding the table for him in rd3-4.

And for the crowd who hate Bryce’s arm strength and want to compare him to Tua.

Well, then this is the type of guy you want on this team.

He got the nickname Yac king for a reason.  Get the ball to him and let him work

• Pie 1