• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty on the 2024 WR Draft Class (w/cliffnotes)

Bear Hands

I like all the Washington guys.  All three play different.   We can forget about Odunze, but Polk and McMillan are good WRs.  Polk is a second round guy and if, by chance, we go other than WR in the second round McMillan would be my 3rd round target.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, csx said:

Love Smitty but don't recall a time he has been correct regarding any receiver.

Yup, he was extremely high on Mingo.  Some say Smitty influenced that pick with the Panthers.  Personally, I wasn't crazy over Mingo's college tape.

• Pie 2

I disagree with him on Worthy being a body catcher. He shows elite hands catching in his highlights. He pairs that with an ability to make something out of nothing and he’s a great returner. I like him with our 2nd rounder. He does comp him as a taller Tank Dell so I’d take that all day. (The very first clip in the video below shows one of the toughest hands catches WR face in football)

Then he mentions Legette as a “better” DK Metcalf. It’s not going to happen, but if Legette slips to the 3rd like some mocks are pushing, adding both Xaviers to our WR core would completely flip that room for us. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, csx said:

To his credit Cooper Kupp the one Wr he said would be a big time player and he was right about him. He's missed on a lot of other WR but CK he was dead on.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Ornias said:

DJ Moore?

Hmmm....as a first round pick you can say he's been good, but not great.   Smitty wasn't totally wrong on Moore, but there's been other first round WRs that have been completely dominant.   

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, csx said:

Exactly

Can we please stop posting Smitty takes on this board. Dude was hyping Mingo as the next big thing. He knows nothing more than the average huddler.

• Poo 2

3 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I disagree with him on Worthy being a body catcher. He shows elite hands catching in his highlights. He pairs that with an ability to make something out of nothing and he’s a great returner. I like him with our 2nd rounder. He does comp him as a taller Tank Dell so I’d take that all day. (The very first clip in the video below shows one of the toughest hands catches WR face in football)

Then he mentions Legette as a “better” DK Metcalf. It’s not going to happen, but if Legette slips to the 3rd like some mocks are pushing, adding both Xaviers to our WR core would completely flip that room for us. 

I like Worthy more than Mitchell although most big boards have Mitchell slightly higher.  Legette is a one year wonder and as such is a boom or bust prospect.

• Pie 1