• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wendy's Is Introducing Uber-Style 'Surge Pricing'

jayboogieman

You soon might want to get strategic about the exact time you visit Wendy’s. 

In early February, Kirk Tanner, the new CEO and president of Wendy’s, shared with analysts his various plans to increase company profits, including investing in digital menu boards that will have the capacity to display dynamic pricing that fluctuates throughout the day by 2025. 

Source

This is the dumbest idea I've ever heard of a fast food chain doing and according to the article others are looking into doing the same.

Wendy's is already generally regarded as the priciest fast food with some of the combo and specialty burgers they have.

There is no way this will work well for them. There is no benefit for consumers

Raising prices based on how long it takes to fulfill an order at a particular time of day isn't the solution

It's like the Wendy's top mgmt team doesn't bother to pop in randomly/unannounced to stores across the country while taking a road trip to see how things really work.

Similar to hotel managers not bothering to spend a night in their own hotel rooms to understand which features in a room don't work/broken or aren't cleaned properly

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

well that's an idea.

not a great one at all, but it's an idea.

gonna piss people off, but they'll keep going there. wendy's knows that and that's why they won't care about negative feedback.

Not sure about that. It's not like there's a lack of competition in the fast food burger space.

• Beer 1

l don't think I ever bought fast food for lunch when I worked full time nor breakfast.  I always packed my own lunch and got up early enough to make my own coffee and breakfast cereal at home.  Yall should try it - the savings really add up.

Edited by Paa Langfart
  • Pie 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure about that. It's not like there's a lack of competition in the fast food burger space.

true, but if the others see that this works at all they are probably going to jump on this. we could see more than wendy's doing it.

39 minutes ago, rayzor said:

true, but if the others see that this works at all they are probably going to jump on this. we could see more than wendy's doing it.

The article does say that it's not just Wendy's considering this. Wendy's is just the first to put plans in place.

• Pie 1

Of the normal fast food burger chains Wendys/McDonalds/Burger King I always was a Burger King fan. Their beef just has the most flavor to me. I just hate they suck at their fries.

BK Burgers with McDonalds fries would be a game changer for the fast food industry. 

• 2 weeks later...