• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF: Fixing the Panthers

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

Chubba is still under contract? I thought this was his last year last season. Gladly mistaken. You can tell he's not a "take half the plays off" type of player. Even down to blocking. 

And after watching that Mic'd up segment, it wouldn't surprise me if he eventually became a captain. He just needs to keep working on his hands. 

It's the 4th year of his rookie 4 year contract. He was drafted in 2021.

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You forgot CMC as well. They said he was injury prone and traded him away. He goes on to be a MVP candidate.

What will these people say when we have no stars left. Are we now gonna blame Luvu?

Exactly my point brother, was saving the CMC point as ammo if someone had a rebuttal.

• Beer 1

Letting Burns go is not an option! We need to build the defense not tear it down as we are trying to build the offense!!!! We need a complementary end to help and make the pass rush solid

8 hours ago, shaq said:

#1- sign him to a reasonable deal 24-26 mill yearly.

#2- Franchise tag him and let him show his worth going forward 

#3- Tag and trade him, he is bare minimum worth what Montez Sweat went for (2nd round) and I’m optimistic with the increased cap space more teams are comfortable paying for a edge threat, driving up his price.

1 - he wants 30 million, we offered 27 he isnt going to take 24-26

2 - this is the absolute worst case scenario as he will be a malcontent and likely just sit out

3 - best case but we pretty much lose all trade leverage so a 2nd and a player might be all we can get

12 hours ago, shaq said:

We have so little talent on this team, and have drafted horribly in recent years that we don’t even have that much outside of Derick Brown and maybe Jaycee to really pay big bucks. If we get nothing for Burns then this front office is incompetent, he’s a 25 year old with 46 sacks over the last 5 seasons. You do not let that player walk for nothing.

The people responsible for this situation have already been fired. The mistake was not taking the Rams offer. I would not hold these people accountable if they thought the best way out of this situation is to let Burns walk for nothing. I know that sounds crazy but he is not worth what he is demanding, not even close no matter how his stat sheet looks. We've seen the way he impacts games and it is no where near the price tag he is demanding. Forcing this current regime to tie up a portion of the cap on a player they don't believe in does not sound like a recipe of success to me.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, JBC said:

Letting Burns go is not an option! We need to build the defense not tear it down as we are trying to build the offense!!!! We need a complementary end to help and make the pass rush solid

you don't build a good D....by drastically overpaying Burns like he is something he isn't. You could bring in a couple needed and good players for the cost of Burns. 

would you want to make a WR one of the highest paid in all the NFL who basically only had one route in his bag of tricks? I mean, he runs that one great.   and if he wasn't running that one route was basically irrelevant? 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I'd rather let him walk than pay him 30 million a year. You can add at at least a couple more quality players for that.

You have to tag and trade him. 

You can't let him walk after turning down 2 1st round picks for him. You have to get something of value back for him. 

16 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You forgot CMC as well. They said he was injury prone and traded him away. He goes on to be a MVP candidate.

What will these people say when we have no stars left. Are we now gonna blame Luvu?

McCaffrey was sandbagging it here under Rhule. 

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

You have to tag and trade him. 

You can't let him walk after turning down 2 1st round picks for him. You have to get something of value back for him. 

They can always use the this is a different regime that doesn't believe in him excuse for letting him go. That trade ship sailed and the Panthers weren't on it.

• Beer 1

Things I would do:

- Respectfully let go of Burns. Our D was decent even as he had an off season. Haynes, Barno, YGM can fill the gaps.

- Don't waste money on another LT. Open competition between BC and Icky. If BC looks better at LT, he starts at LT.

- Spend whatever I can on a #1 WR! 

There's a whole lot more to do, of course, but I'd start there.