• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My realistic plan to fix the offense……what’s yours?

1 Re-sign Jansen, Luvu and Burns

1a. If unable to resign Burns to reasonable deal, franchise him, if unable to trade let him play out franchise tag or try to trade him mid season. 

2 Extend DB

3 Sign Calvin Ridley backup Curtis Samuel 

4 Sign Rasheed Shaheed backup Mack Hollins 

5. Sign Trent Brown for depth 

6. Sign a random Guard (pick anyone)

7. See if YGM comes back on a low cost one year deal to prove last year wasn't a fluke, otherwise sign vet pass rusher 

8. Try like hell to trade Hayden Hurst and Miles Sanders (won't happen) 

Did this mock earlier; you guys will hate it but this team desperately needs to build from the inside to out right now, we are NOT one to two sexy WR's away from being good. 

Edited by SOJA
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, CRA said:

We never should spend money like that on a Miles Sanders ever again.   You can get better/more complete RBs in every draft.  It should be consistent act the team does.   Then you let them walk. 

Yes.  I think RBs should never get a second contract--keep em for 4 years as they do in college.  Sanders is a great example of how an average back can look good behind a great OL.  Spend your $$$ on the hog mollies and it makes the QB, WRs, TEs, and RBs get better.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Yes.  I think RBs should never get a second contract--keep em for 4 years as they do in college.  Sanders is a great example of how an average back can look good behind a great OL.  Spend your $$$ on the hog mollies and it makes the QB, WRs, TEs, and RBs get better.

and RB talent in the mid rounds is often ready to contribute right away unlike other spots.  I think every other year a team that doesn't trade picks for living.....should take a RB for their committee. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

1a. If unable to resign Burns to reasonable deal, franchise him, if unable to trade let him play out franchise tag or try to trade him mid season. 

2 Extend DB

7. See if YGM comes back on a low cost one year deal to prove last year wasn't a fluke, otherwise sign vet pass rusher 

Did this mock earlier; you guys will hate it but this team desperately needs to build from the inside to out right now, we are NOT one to two sexy WR's away from being good. 

A+

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You have a good football mind, but I disagree with your overall strategy, but I agree with the needs.

OL:  We need depth for the OL--and maybe 1 inside starter to compete for a starting spot.  I also think our OL was horribly coached under Campen.  That shows up across the board.  I think "Coach em up" would be effective here.  Ickey has elite LT talent, needs fundamentals.  In my view, Corbett is good, Bozeman scared me last year, but with good guards, he improves.  I would love to see BC become our depth at OT as the swing T.  Leaves a G position to be filled.  I might draft an IOL and sign one in free agency to fill the LG spot.  The OL is not far from being very good, and that is encouraging.

WR:  We have the best WR draft ever this year, and I want to splash there.  That does not mean we have to take one at #33, however.  There will be trade offers--take one.  So I would draft two WRs this year.  

• 1. Free Agent
  • 2. Theilen
  • 3. Mingo
  • 4.Draft Pick
  • 5. Draft Pick
  • 6. Smith-Marsette

So, in free agency, we need to sign:

a LG, a move that gives us quality depth at OT and no major concerns if we have an injury because BC would be an ideal swing OT, a mediocre LG.  In the draft, we need an IOL.  We need to coach up Mays, Zavala.  Campen didn't. 

a TE, Now, Hurst and Tremble may be what they want in this new system, but an offensive threat is needed.  Young needs a Y that can get open and scare the D.

a WR:  We could really use an experienced stud, like the players mentioned by the OP.  I still would make sure I got one or two out of this draft.  

a CB:  Griffin might be re-signed, and he might be good depth, but I am looking for a serviceable backup for Horn and Jackson--more injured than any starting CB tandem in the NFL. 

Of course, Burns' situation could change everything. 

I can’t disagree with this plan all

My biggest thing about this offseason is this:

"Do NOT go all in next year."

No matter what we do this offseason we almost certainly be one of the worst teams in the NFL again next year. That's ok. I'm actually fine with that because we have our first next year. 

IMO this offseason should be about:

One. Resigning core talent on this team

Two. Plugging holes at spots with one to two year deals to preserve future cap space. 

Three. When in doubt, trade down or acquire future draft capital. 

If we do these things we will be set up very well after next year to either a.) build around bryce as a franchise guy b.) cut ties with Bryce and move on to another high pick qb c.) wait an additional year for bryce and still have flexibility in the year after

Essentially our theme should be "Future flexibility." and "Draft good players regardless of position". 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Bring in a wide receiver, like Hollywood and Curtis, draft a wide receiver in at least the third probably with the 33.  then attempt to sure up the middle of the line by drafting depth and bringing in FA competition at guard and Center

VERY hard pass on Hollywood Brown, he's barely a #2, let alone a #1.  He couldn't even get on the same page to put up good numbers with his college QB.  He'd just be a repeat of Chark, signing a #2/3 with the hope they can be a #1, basically, a mistake.

Only way I'd be okay with signing him is if we end up with a true #1 and then he can't get the contract he's looking for and comes here on a 1 year deal for like $5 million to be our #2 (which isn't happening).

I'd love Ridley, but I don't think the Jags will let him go, nor would he want to leave Lawrence to come play with Bryce.

Realistically, our only shot at a true #1 WR this offseason is trading Burns for a 1st and change and then flipping that pick for Aiyuk, Higgins, or a Tyreek/Diggs type of situation where a player is traded instead of given a new contract, like maybe DK Metcalf.

Edited by tukafan21

6 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

If we don’t draft a WR at 33, I’ll be really disappointed. There’s good OT depth but I don’t see a top guy falling to 33. We could get a WR at 33 that would normally be a mid first pick due to the WR class depth. We have to take advantage of draft value especially when it’s a huge need. We fuged up last year going Mingo instead of TE in a monster deep class.

Yeah we have a short QB who rarely goes deep ffs. It’s crazy to me that TE isn’t a priority.

• Pie 1

I disagree with speed for WR.  Canalas said he wanted to get the ball out of bryce hands quickly.  we need wr that can run good routes.  Bryce isnt gonna have time to throw the ball down field to a speedy receiver.  Tall, good route runner.

3 hours ago, SOJA said:

2 Extend DB

You're Hired! on Make a GIF

• Pie 1