• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evans wants to play with an "elite QB"

17 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Not a bad backup plan.

Are the Chargers going to cut him?

They have to cut someone. I think like 90% of their is just 4 guys. Mack is another that should be cut, its a mess there. Plus herbo is not in the top 4, but soon hes going to be 50 mill hit himself.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

They have to cut someone. I think like 90% of their is just 4 guys. Mack is another that should be cut, its a mess there. Plus herbo is not in the top 4, but soon hes going to be 50 mill hit himself.  

As long as we don't overpay im fine with Williams as a target. He's coming off a ACL injury so im not sure if he will be the same type of WR as he once was. Still would be better than anything we currently have.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Since he re-signed, does that mean Baker is elite?  I have not read this entire thread.  Sorry if it is so yesterday evening.

Wrong hes a FA, that means Kyle Trask is elite!!1!!1!1

Jokes aside, most of top FAs know where they are going. I bet Baker and TB have a deal in place. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

As long as we don't overpay im fine with Williams as a target. He's coming off a ACL injury so im not sure if he will be the same type of WR as he once was. Still would be better than anything we currently have.

Yea, just sad time-line to be a panther fan with these WRs. More and more its looking like Adam will be the #1 target again for the upcoming season. 34 years old and 2nd year in slot which he hates. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Since he re-signed, does that mean Baker is elite?  I have not read this entire thread.  Sorry if it is so yesterday evening.

Clearly.  There's no way a "Bleacher Report NFL Insider" could be blowing smoke. 

14 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

2021 was three seasons ago....

You said Rodgers "hasn't" been elite "for" 3 seasons.  This statement means the last 3 seasons Rodgers hasn't been elite since "hasn't" and "for" imply "the past."  You may have meant to include the 2024 season, but your use of these words does not imply the future.  The last 3 seasons would be 2021, 2022, and 2023 - one of which the man was the MVP....AGAIN.....so clearly not past being elite during stated time frame.

SO to fix your statement to what I think you meant you would say "Rodgers hasn't been elite for the last 2 seasons, nor will he be for the 2024 season which is in the future and more than 6 months away so it can't be the past as some may try to imply - which clearly I would never do."  

Just lookin out for you bro

Edited by Stingray3030
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

You said Rodgers "hasn't" been elite "for" 3 seasons.  This statement means the last 3 seasons Rodgers hasn't been elite since "hasn't" and "for" imply "the past."  You may have meant to include the 2024 season, but your use of these words does not imply the future.  The last 3 seasons would be 2021, 2022, and 2023 - one of which the man was the MVP....AGAIN.....so clearly not past being elite during stated time frame.

SO to fix your statement to what I think you meant you would say "Rodgers hasn't been elite for the last 2 seasons, nor will he be for the 2024 season which is in the future and more than 6 months away so it can't be the past as some may try to imply - which clearly I would never do."  

Just lookin out for you bro

revenge of the nerds GIF

• Pie 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:00 AM, rodeo said:

Reminds me of the headlines from this time last year. "DeAndre Hopkins will only sign for a Super Bowl contender."

You guys do realize that pre-2023, Tennessee was 30-20 in the lot prior 3 seasons and in the playoffs 2 of 3 years. They traded AJ Brown before 2022 and fuged up the 1st round pick meant to replace him and went 7-10. Tennessee didn’t become a contender in 2023, but going to the 2024 Panthers isn’t even close to going to the 2023 Titans. Didn’t work out for Hopkins but we have 6 straight years of losing under our belts not just 1 year of losing. Titans had 6 straight winning seasons before 2022.

Edited by WhoKnows

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I want no part of Mike Williams for anything multi-year. Missed 4 games in 23' due to 2 separate injuries and coming of an ACL. Maybe for a prove it deal, but that's about as far as I'd be comfortable going. 

Bucs and Mayfield reportedly “far apart” on a new contract.  Multiple potential suitors for Baker.

So many players are average when they’re here and shine when they leave.  

Or shine elsewhere and suck when they’re here.

I really hope the new leadership team sees and understands this.  It’s not just the players.

There are no potential suitors for Baker. Dude just trying to use other teams as leverage for a bigger contract.

If they offering 30mil a year he should sign that contract right now. Dude is a year removed from his career going downhill as a backup. I wouldn't mess around with 30mil a year on the table. That's life changing money take it stop trying to break the bank.