• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Officially Entering My Vote for WR Keon Coleman

17 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I think he did a lot more for FSU than people give him credit for but I just don’t view him as a fit.

We need quick, technician do it alls I.E McConkey, Mitchell

Shifty slot types with eventual outside potential like Pearsall, Washington, Corley

Or the guys with big play, high ceiling potential like Franklin, McMillan, heck even J Jackson, Thrash or Baker a bit later.

The two I’m just not feeling are Coleman and Legette. They just don’t check the “feel” barometer for me and don’t align with what we need.

McConkey is definitely growing on me. Add a decent vet like Curtis and we will at least have something to work with. Conk, AT, Mingo, Curtis, and ISM isn’t great but it’s definitely a start.  
I have a feeling Mingo is going to look better in year 2 in our new offense. Of course I thought TMJ was going to develop and look what happened there…

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

McConkey is definitely growing on me. Add a decent vet like Curtis and we will at least have something to work with. Conk, AT, Mingo, Curtis, and ISM isn’t great but it’s definitely a start.  
I have a feeling Mingo is going to look better in year 2 in our new offense. Of course I thought TMJ was going to develop and look what happened there…

I like McConkey because he just does it all and very well.  He seems like one of the easier transitions to play from the crop aside the top 3.

Thomas/Mitchell/McConkey/Franklin are the guys to consider at 33 IMO. Love the WAS kids but they may fall to the 3rd-4th.

Other than that, Pearsall has been the biggest surprise for me this draft season and in watching back. He’s another that just brings a lot out of the gate and could surprise production wise in R3, maybe as high as R2. He’s one of 3 plug and play slots in this draft that includes UVA Washington and Corley. 

8 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I like McConkey because he just does it all and very well.  He seems like one of the easier transitions to play from the crop aside the top 3.

Thomas/Mitchell/McConkey/Franklin are the guys to consider at 33 IMO. Love the WAS kids but they may fall to the 3rd-4th.

Other than that, Pearsall has been the biggest surprise for me this draft season and in watching back. He’s another that just brings a lot out of the gate and could surprise production wise in R3, maybe as high as R2. He’s one of 3 plug and play slots in this draft that includes UVA Washington and Corley. 

Do we need another slot though? I hear that’s Mingo’s best fit, so I’d assume he would take it over once AT is done. Pearsell is pretty polished though. If our guys can actually develop WRs, Tez would be a nice pick up if he falls to the mid rounds. He has some nice top end speed and is a true outside WR. I keep reading mixed reviews on Franklin…

9 hours ago, CRA said:

He ran a 4.6 yesterday.  2nd worst time of all WRs.  That ain’t what we need IMO.   Not at 33.  Not with all the speed and good WRs in this draft 

GREAT JOB TEPPER YOU"RE RIGHT LETS CAST KEON OUT CUZ OF S2 I MEAN 40 TIME

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Do we need another slot though? I hear that’s Mingo’s best fit, so I’d assume he would take it over once AT is done. Pearsell is pretty polished though. If our guys can actually develop WRs, Tez would be a nice pick up if he falls to the mid rounds. He has some nice top end speed and is a true outside WR. I keep reading mixed reviews on Franklin…

For what Canales seems to run, I think we want the shiftier soft hands type in the slot that has a bit more diverse skilset.  Mingo is too stiff and he didn't show enough to warrant us avoiding of competition.  So add that need with a reliable outside type that is our go-to dude. Those are the two big spots from my vantage point. 

Pittman would be great in FA, but is unrealistic...that's where Thomas and Mitchell become pretty clear targets.  McConkey is a do-it-all and I think warrants consideration in that bracket as well.  

I hear you on Franklin though, I can see a scenario where he falls a tad.  I loved watching him last year (big fan) but he's not at the level of refinement we need at 33.  We need the quick acclimators, instant impact.  Worthy, I mean, he's getting buzz but unsure.  He leaves a lot to be desired when watching.  Great WR draft though.  

At the 33rd pick, the Panthers need a guy whom can be an outside starting wide receiver that can run all the routes, get separation and attack the ball while it's in the air.  

I'm not going to pretend whom in this draft fits that billing, as I am far too busy for that.   

So for those who have been all over every receiver in the draft. . .  Who fits that mold that will realistically be there at the beginning of the second day?

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

At the 33rd pick, the Panthers need a guy whom can be an outside starting wide receiver that can run all the routes, get separation and attack the ball while it's in the air.  

I'm not going to pretend whom in this draft fits that billing, as I am far too busy for that.   

So for those who have been all over every receiver in the draft. . .  Who fits that mold that will realistically be there at the beginning of the second day?

That's Adonai Mitchell or Ladd McConkey. 

• Beer 2

9 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

GREAT JOB TEPPER YOU"RE RIGHT LETS CAST KEON OUT CUZ OF S2 I MEAN 40 TIME

I mean this class is freaking loaded.  40 times ain’t everything.  A 4.6 in THIS class is still a 4.6 if we are talking the 33rd pick. 

not to mention we have seen tons of these tweeter almost TE types at WR.  Here and elsewhere.  

I’ve done nothing but talk about adding speed and quickness for months upon months at the position.   Who we are matters.  We got none. 

but go ahead Gettlemen…

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Mingo was so bad that I'm honestly not factoring him into our draft plans. If he develops into something that's just an added bonus but I wouldn't plan on it.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I think we have seen that Mingo needs to be upgraded. We don't have the luxury of assuming anyone on our roster is going to pan out. Most will not.

26 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean this class is freaking loaded.  40 times ain’t everything.  A 4.6 in THIS class is still a 4.6 if we are talking the 33rd pick. 

not to mention we have seen tons of these tweeter almost TE types at WR.  Here and elsewhere.  

I’ve done nothing but talk about adding speed and quickness for months upon months at the position.   Who we are matters.  We got none. 

but go ahead Gettlemen…

You also need polished WR's that get separation, run good routes ans make plays in space. Coleman doesn't tick all those boxes while some others that MAY be available might. It's BPA. If that Coleman at the time, by all means. But I don't want to see another classic Panthers reach on gamble in the 2nd or 3rd. Seen enough of those, thanks.

• Pie 1