• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are expected to trade or release veteran corner Donte Jackson, per sources.

8 hours ago, AggieLean said:

And if that’s the case, and Bryce doesn’t show flashes on a game by game basis, you have to go QB at 1. So for Bryce’s sake, he better hope we’re picking somewhere in the 5-15 range. Atleast give the team something to think about 

If Bryce shits the bed again, we will be top 5 again.

I expect that we will be in the top 10 of the draft for the forseeable future. Which, we actually need.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Shocker said:

Absolutely should happen, he took way to many plays off last year and is hurt to much

I don’t think he took plays off. One thing I’ll say about Donte is he always went full send. I just think a lot of the time he was badly out of position. 

yeah he could pull hammy standing up in church, but he’d also cruise missile into running backs with 50 pounds on him. 

• Pie 2

I love Dante's attitude as a player. He doesn't take plays off, but he's a bad value due to his injury history. He's not perfect, but we could do worse, but we can also do better (especially in the long term). His usefulness for us has come to an end.

• Beer 1

He’s solid, but he’s an easy cap savings and his play could be duplicated for cheaper. Many times he was able to make up for being out of position due to his crazy speed, which took a hit after his injury. He’s not as explosive but still solid, we will just be using that money on more impactful players like Luvu or a top free agent Guard who will prob get around 14 mill a season 

Just now, electro's horse said:

I think the main reason I don’t like this is they’re putting themselves in a position where they have to prioritize DB. 

assuming horn misses 10+ games again, you’re looking at number 1 corner CJ Henderson. DB at 33 is a possibility. 

Thats what I am worried about as well. With Horn's proven issue of staying healthy it could mean we are in trouble at that position and makes us have another position to worry about filling as a priority. I would seriously consider hanging onto him another season.

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I think the main reason I don’t like this is they’re putting themselves in a position where they have to prioritize DB. 

assuming horn misses 10+ games again, you’re looking at number 1 corner CJ Henderson. DB at 33 is a possibility. 

CJ is an unrestricted free agent 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I am guessing they are aware he is likely to never be the same player he was prior to that Achilles tear. I can understand that.

51 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

There should be some options in free agency but would agree we have a lot of positions to fill atp

20 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

100% of the focus should be on offense. I dont care if we go 0-18, scoring 30 points a game and still losing. We have to solve the Bryce question. 

That is a good counterpoint, while I anticipate we suck ass next year and I don't want us to throw money down the drain. Building a competent offense around Bryce is needed for two reasons

1- we have to see if Bryce is the guy

2- it will only help the next rookie we draft if he isn't 

This year a very legitmate argument could be made that there were only two maybe three starters worthy to start on an NFL offense. Moton, Thielen, Chuba. Can't evaluate nor bring a rookie into that anyway. 

• Beer 1