• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns Franchise Tagged

shaq

July 15th....clock is ticking, Tilis. Let's get this done. First hurdle is the NFL Draft, so if 0 is still a Panther after the draft, I think a LT deal gets done between then and July. No way they let a $24M hit remain in a very important offseason where adding talent is needed.

• Pie 3

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39658435/panthers-franchise-tag-pass-rusher-brian-burns-source-says

"The Carolina Panthers on Monday placed the franchise tag on edge rusher Brian Burns that guarantees their sack leader $24 million this season, a source told ESPN"

"The goal remains to sign Burns to a long-term deal. Carolina also wants to re-sign free agent linebacker Frankie Luvu and sign defensive tackle Derrick Brown to a long-term deal."

OK NFL Nerds with little to no lives:

What does this mean in relation to the possibility of trading Burns?   In other words, does this distinction provide an indication of what they intend to do?  It would seem to me that they might have better luck trading him after the draft--but I don't keep up with patterns, so I am curious. 

Now I have to get back to a fulfilling, very productive life.  Thanks in advance,

Love,

MHS

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39658435/panthers-franchise-tag-pass-rusher-brian-burns-source-says

"The Carolina Panthers on Monday placed the franchise tag on edge rusher Brian Burns that guarantees their sack leader $24 million this season, a source told ESPN"

"The goal remains to sign Burns to a long-term deal. Carolina also wants to re-sign free agent linebacker Frankie Luvu and sign defensive tackle Derrick Brown to a long-term deal."

This tells me that nothing has changed with this team. I do not want to hear Dan Morgan mention the word Dawg again. He's full of poo.

• Pie 4
  • Poo 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

OK NFL Nerds with little to no lives:

What does this mean in relation to the possibility of trading Burns?   In other words, does this distinction provide an indication of what they intend to do?  It would seem to me that they might have better luck trading him after the draft--but I don't keep up with patterns, so I am curious. 

Now I have to get back to a fulfilling, very productive life.  Thanks in advance,

Love,

MHS

Probably aren't trading him.

Unless we give him permission to talk to other teams about a contract extension (like Lamar Jackson last year), we are keeping him.

The time to trade him is either before the draft, during is unlikely, after is pointless.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

He can still be traded. Placing the non exclusive tag on him allows that 

"The team placed the non-exclusive franchise tag on outside linebacker Brian Burns"

--Panthers.com

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

This tells me that nothing has changed with this team. I do not want to hear Dan Morgan mention the word Dawg again. He's full of poo.

So you've given up on the idea that it's just GM-speak?