• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luvu / Burns…. Gross / Peppers Dejavu

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My biggest fear is Burns goes to a better team and puts up a career high in sacks. He has that kind of ability. As you said you need help around you. Burns will look much better on a winning roster.

Oh, I fully expect him to look better, but I'm not going to worry about it. Once he's gone, he's someone else's issue. I appreciate Burns strengths and believe that they outweigh his weaknesses , especially in a good scheme surrounded by good talent. That's why I scoff at the notion of him going somewhere else for a second, and even only a first to be honest. 

• Beer 1

I still say that Burns to Detroit may just put them over the top. Dealing with him and Hutchinson would be a potential nightmare. 

Burns to the Ravens would lift their stock as well. Having to deal with him and Odafe Oweh and Justin Madubuike would be a problem. 

The Rams could still use him as well. 

• Pie 1

You have to look at position value--a pass rushing edge is more valuable than a LB.   I think any conclusions right now are premature because I am not confident that Burns will be here next year--

20 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I still say that Burns to Detroit may just put them over the top. Dealing with him and Hutchinson would be a potential nightmare. 

Burns to the Ravens would lift their stock as well. Having to deal with him and Odafe Oweh and Justin Madubuike would be a problem. 

The Rams could still use him as well. 

Right.  If Detroit really wants to compete in that division--with Love, Caleb Williams, and ???? in Minnesota--probably Wilson, they know they need an elite pass rush.  Burns at 25 for the 29th pick would be a steal for any GM. 

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That Luvu hype is cool and all. But that spotlight is different when Burns is no longer on the opposite side. That's when we really see if Luvu has that DAWG IN HIM!

Luvu has been playing great for three years now. Burns was on the opposite side for one of those. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Right.  If Detroit really wants to compete in that division--with Love, Caleb Williams, and ???? in Minnesota--probably Wilson, they know they need an elite pass rush.  Burns at 25 for the 29th pick would be a steal for any GM. 

I think Burns would bring back more than just that #29 pick from Detroit, not a lot more but another pick or possibly a true depth guy for the team.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

You have to look at position value--a pass rushing edge is more valuable than a LB.   I think any conclusions right now are premature because I am not confident that Burns will be here next year--

2 guys playing for life changing amounts of money. One played like a dawg, one played scared to get hurt. Tells me all I need to know about who I want to prioritize. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My biggest fear is Burns goes to a better team and puts up a career high in sacks. He has that kind of ability. As you said you need help around you. Burns will look much better on a winning roster.

That's very possible. Just last year the Jaguars fans were basically all over Josh Allen for saying he'd disappear for huge stretches and do nothing, only for him to get 17.5 sacks this past season.

Burns could 've been better for us, but I still give him the benefit of the doubt for being on a team with a historically bad offense with no lead in the 4th quarter all season where players like him are supposed to thrive. Unfortunately, Burns gets a lot of extra hate for the trade that Fitterer never made.

The good thing is the tag is the best case scenario for us. If someone wants to pay him, we get their picks. If not, we get him again, hopefully more motivated, in what I can only assume will be a better year for all our guys on offense and another year of familiarity on defense. 

Edited by panther252

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I read the same thing. The break up wasn't exactly "amicable" as the article also states. 

He couldn't have said more explicitly that he left for a change of location. He straight up says it would have been different if he hadn't gone to school in NC.

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Thats because he is best used as a situational pass rusher, he is not an every down EDGE.  You dont pay those type of players 30m+ a season.

Of course if he goes to a team that scores a bunch of points and lets him rush the passer all game he will  put up more sacks.

He will still be the same player he has always been. 

18 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Thats because he is best used as a situational pass rusher, he is not an every down EDGE.  You dont pay those type of players 30m+ a season.

Of course if he goes to a team that scores a bunch of points and lets him rush the passer all game he will  put up more sacks.

He will still be the same player he has always been. 

You screaming a lot about not paying players. Bro what is your plan sign a bunch of vet min players and save money.

The hell kind of plan you have my man?

Pretty soon we will have a roster full of nobodies and you will still be screaming the same nonsense. Tepper really got this fanbase thinking like some losers. Kind of crazy we are the worst team in the league and people are saying no thanks to good players when they become available.

If you think the draft will fix our problems you are sadly mistaking. You need to also hit on FA's. Adding a bunch of cheap FA's will only create more problems down the line. This is how you get stuck in a rebuild every single season.

It's time we start hitting big on FA's. 

10 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You screaming a lot about not paying players. Bro what is your plan sign a bunch of vet min players and save money.

The hell kind of plan you have my man?

Pretty soon we will have a roster full of nobodies and you will still be screaming the same nonsense. Tepper really got this fanbase thinking like some losers. Kind of crazy we are the worst team in the league and people are saying no thanks to good players when they become available.

If you think the draft will fix our problems you are sadly mistaking. You need to also hit on FA's. Adding a bunch of cheap FA's will only create more problems down the line. This is how you get stuck in a rebuild every single season.

It's time we start hitting big on FA's. 

Incase you havent noticed we already have a roster full of nobodies.

You dont build your team with high priced FA signings. You draft well and fill holes in FA. Our team sucks and overpaying for some mid ass WR is not going to fix BY. 

Which of the top teams got there on the back of their FAs? 

Resign Luvu and Brown. trade Burns, continue getting ird of players like Donte and Hurst.  Embrace the suck this upcoming season, there is not a FA out there that will make us contenders next season. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1