• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kay Adams in Charlotte

12 minutes ago, frankw said:

Two days later only 4 pages lol

The huddle simps said...

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

What's the "gotcha" here? I thought Nicole was our acting GM but she says nothing football related in this clip.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

No but "this isn't the right situation for Russ" and "I know exactly what he wants" in the same breath says a lot.

He could just think Wilson's washed though, that's what I gathered from the clip. He praises his character but avoids talking about his ability. 

if he feels Wilson is washed up, or maybe even knows that wilson was the product of great receivers, how does that translate to having no intention to field a competitive team? it would seem the opposite is true.

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

What's the "gotcha" here? I thought Nicole was our acting GM but she says nothing football related in this clip.

Do I seriously need to connect the dots for anyone that they are too involved in this and meddle when the wife of the owner who has only been married to him for barely 5 years does an unprompted interview as Panthers "owner" and proceeds to tout the concerts and events the stadium has hosted while making no mention of the win/loss record of the football team?

She and Dave need to hire people let them do their jobs and stay out of day to day football operations.

4 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, Tepper has 3 children.  I would imagine they are better positioned for his inheritance over a 2nd wife he married 4 years ago.  

Ask Benson's kids that. They lost that fight. The NFL requires a secession plan and Tepper made her it.

Edited by Waldo

3 hours ago, Steelo said:

I mean there's that unlikely aspect and there's the perspective that when Dave goes she pivots to letting football people run everything top down and she's just the check signer.  Sell minority ownership stakes and have an ownership group.  Will never happen while Dave is alive bc of Ego.. But by the time this may be a reality it will be more common.

Again asking that dummy to do something coherent business or football wise is a stretch IMO. Anything could happen but IMO the best outcome is she sells immediately.

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

Do I seriously need to connect the dots for anyone that they are too involved in this and meddle when the wife of the owner who has only been married to him for barely 5 years does an unprompted interview as Panthers "owner" and proceeds to tout the concerts and events the stadium has hosted while making no mention of the win/loss record of the football team?

She and Dave need to hire people let them do their jobs and stay out of day to day football operations.

and soundly like an absolute moron and having Adams holding back laughter

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Ask Benson's kids that. They lost that fight. The NFL requires a secession plan and Tepper made her it.

I mean, exceptions to everything.  Still think his kids would generally be better positioned than a 2nd wife. 

Do we know for a fact about Tepper having to submit Nicole as inheriting the franchise to the NFL if he was no longer here? 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, exceptions to everything.  Still think his kids would generally be better positioned than a 2nd wife. 

Do we know for a fact about Tepper having to submit Nicole as inheriting the franchise to the NFL if he was no longer here? 

Not sure how it works but they got married after he bought the team so not sure if she was vetted.  That seemed to be a big deal for the nfl that tepper was already vetted from his time in Pitt.  But I seriously doubt it matters who the team goes to initially in the nfl

1 minute ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

So, are we saying Nicole married Dave with the sole intention of eventually running the Panthers? Was she a closet fan of our team from afar? 

I think a lot is being said without much of anything being said...

1 hour ago, CRA said:

That's why she is working there now. Just a guess but it was probably part of his estate planning. The kids probably get cash and other assets and he gets to playwork with her. If a kid was getting it they would be working there but they really haven't been mentioned since he purchased vs the endless prattle about her. It went from Tepper to the Teppers and she is usually mentioned now. The NFL is very clear about succession plans that that would include a lot of legal docs to tie it up hence why Benson's kids failed to overthrow their stepmom(? just didn't care to dive that deep but that's what I think I remember from that fight). 

3 hours ago, frankw said:

So now you're mad that she's not talking about football? Concerts and events are the kind of extracurricular bs I would expect her to be on. Who cares

Just now, Waldo said:

That's why she is working there now. Just a guess but it was probably part of his estate planning. The kids probably get cash and other assets and he gets to playwork with her. If a kid was getting it they would be working there but they really haven't been mentioned since he purchased vs the endless prattle about her. It went from Tepper to the Teppers and she is usually mentioned now. The NFL is very clear about succession plans that that would include a lot of legal docs to tie it up hence why Benson's kids failed to overthrow their stepmom(? just didn't care to dive that deep but that's what I think I remember from that fight). 

I mean, Benson also cut his kid's off and essentially said they were all dead to him before he made his wife the heir.   I'm assuming Tepper has a relatively normal relationship with his kids.   

I personally think people have gone off the deep end with Nicole.  But to each their own.