• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we low-key tanking? Donnelly thinks we're half-tanking.

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I've been telling you all this for a while now. There's no quick fix for this team. But none of you want to hear this. 

The only potential fix is a slow one. 

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Who is this clown 

A sports analyst at 99.9 the Fan, as is Chris Lea (also at WRAL), as is Dennis Cox, as is Adam Gold. 

The Triangle has sports talk radio too, just like Charlotte---and probably better than Charlotte from what I've listened to. The redneck shtick of Charlotte sports radio kinda sucks to be honest.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, csx said:

The only potential fix is a slow one. 

That is if they have people competent enough to do it. I'm not confident they do. I'm willing to bet this group will be fired in 2 years and we will see what Nicole comes up with for the next "rebuild ".

• Beer 1

2025 is projected to be a down QB class. That may or may not end up holding true, but leave it to Tepper's Panthers to trade the farm for a bust the size of the local JV HS QB and then plan a tank year for a projected bad QB class. I mean, it all fits perfectly for the type of decision making we've seen in these six years.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

22 minutes ago, top dawg said:

A sports analyst at 99.9 the Fan, as is Chris Lea (also at WRAL), as is Dennis Cox, as is Adam Gold. 

The Triangle has sports talk radio too, just like Charlotte---and probably better than Charlotte from what I've listened to. The redneck shtick of Charlotte sports radio kinda sucks to be honest.

Sports Radio WFNZ (@wfnz) / X

What about these goofs, are they any good?

36 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

That is if they have people competent enough to do it. I'm not confident they do. I'm willing to bet this group will be fired in 2 years and we will see what Nicole comes up with for the next "rebuild ".

I'm no more or less confident in them than anyone else they could have hired. Only time will tell.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

2025 is projected to be a down QB class. That may or may not end up holding true, but leave it to Tepper's Panthers to trade the farm for a bust the size of the local JV HS QB and then plan a tank year for a projected bad QB class. I mean, it all fits perfectly for the type of decision making we've seen in these six years.

While Simms is going on saying he thinks there are 5 starting QB's this year. If one of the 5 drops to 33 fuging take them and go BPA in 2025. Trade Bryce for a 5th

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

If they have, it's been by mistake. This would be the first time that we've done it purposely during Tepper's ownership. The fact that he would rubberstamp this or even embrace it would be akin to a paradigm shift in his bald head. 

Completely by accident. Fitterer and Hurney absolutely were trying to win now, but the results were as if we tanked only without the benefit of great and extra draft picks.

What we’ve gotten in 5 years is accidentally tanking our record while also giving away all the benefits of a planned tank.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Completely by accident. Fitterer and Hurney absolutely were trying to win now, but the results were as if we tanked only without the benefit of great and extra draft picks.

What we’ve gotten in 5 years is accidentally tanking our record while also giving away all the benefits of a planned tank.

It's wild that we don't have $70M in cap space with 12 draft picks including #1 overall. All we had to do was play Corral and not pay like 5 jags premium money

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Let’s see. We Tried to win last year and went 2-15. It was an honest 2-15. 

There is no 1st round pick. 

Losing comes naturally. So it ain’t tanking. 

If we do decide to tank, we are gonna 100% have to keep Bryce healthy. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

It's wild that we don't have $70M in cap space with 12 draft picks including #1 overall. All we had to do was play Corral and not pay like 5 jags premium money

Corral is the only one of them affecting our cap now other than Young which isn't much. The issue isn't cap it's draft picks.