• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Graziano: Panthers likely trade candidates IF Michael Pittman and Tee Higgins become available

Just now, top dawg said:

2D (Dan and David, not Dumb and Dumber)---let me start again: 2D moves when 3D strategy is required. Damn it, man, I'm sick of it. 

All these tweets have to be a lie. There a lie, I tell ya. It's the lying season (although I can't figure out why they'd lie about it). No! It can't be! It's all a lie! Help me!

consent GIF

Have you seen anything in the Panthers history that leads you to believe otherwise?

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

2D (Dan and David, not Dumb and Dumber)---let me start again: 2D moves when 3D strategy is required. Damn it, man, I'm sick of it. 

All these tweets have to be a lie. There a lie, I tell ya. It's the lying season (although I can't figure out why they'd lie about it). No! It can't be! It's all a lie! Help me!

consent GIF

FA is kicking off and there's an abundance of candidates on the block this year.  Gonna be an active week my amigo.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't believe Tepper has the patience for being last in the nfl 2 years in a row.

I don’t think he has the patience for it either but I think this guy is more likely to be able to handle the inevitable meetings with Tepper every Monday than Reich was. Rhule navigated those with ease.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don’t think he has the patience for it either but I think this guy is more likely to be able to handle the inevitable meetings with Tepper every Monday than Reich was. Rhule navigated those with ease.

I'm not seeing anything special in Canales. He reminds too much of Rhule. He's another used car salesman IMO. I do not have a good feeling about the direction this team is going. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not seeing anything special in Canales. He reminds too much of Rhule. He's another used car salesman IMO. I do not have a good feeling about the direction this team is going. 

He is in the NFL sphere, and knows his way around an NFL locker room and staff.   Rhule was a true outsider that had no idea what he was doing.  

Canales definitely has this softer/super-positive persona that seems a bit of an act.  I get that.  But digging in, where he's different seems to be on the practice field.  He's a lot like McVay in how he engages during practice.  Runs with the units, is pretty hands-on and detail oriented with the play and execution.  

It is all a TBD; have no clue what it will turn up and produce yet.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not going to make a case for Canales, but isn't it too early to say that he reminds you of Rhule. I  haven't seen real decisions yet to know. I  know we haven't had anything to feel good about for awhile but I hope you are wrong. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

From what I gather from other nfl coaches and players his best attribute is that he is really positive.  Take that for what it's worth 

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

He is in the NFL sphere, and knows his way around an NFL locker room and staff.   Rhule was a true outsider that had no idea what he was doing.  

Canales definitely has this softer/super-positive persona that seems a bit of an act.  I get that.  But digging in, where he's different seems to be on the practice field.  He's a lot like McVay in how he engages during practice.  Runs with the units, is pretty hands-on and detail oriented with the play and execution.  

So? That will only go so far in motivating players. Unless he's another McVay clone it's not going to matter. I have a feeling there's a reason no other team interviewed him. 

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Business as usual I see. 

Yep. They're going to try to make some more win now moves instead of bottoming out and rebuilding the team the it needs to be done. Looks like Morgan is a yes man just like his predecessor.

Even if we are rebuilding this wouldn’t be a bad idea. You need a young proven WR if you are going to properly evaluate Young and give him a chance. Allen, Tua, Burrow, Herbert etc all were surrounded with receiving talent and we have the absolute worst in the league. Im Not saying we mortgage the farm on it, but the idea in itself should not be shunned in such a harsh manner if we are able to get them for a solid cost. People won’t blink an eye to draft a WR high and watch them Bust (TMJ) but to trade for a proven playmaker drives people crazy. As long as we are investing in Receiving talent and O line I’m all for it if we are doing it in a smart manner.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

So? That will only go so far in motivating players. Unless he's another McVay clone it's not going to matter. I have a feeling there's a reason no other team interviewed him. 

It's just what I gathered, take it what you will.   I place a lot of stock in how coaches manage the week and run Monday through Friday.  Rivera & Wilks together were the best we've had in this respect.  

All TBD in my eyes, nothing to judge yet.