• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers now looking at pick 33 for center?

Jmac

We now need a center to anchor the scheme Canales wants to run. I guess they will be going all in on Young, like it or not. Something is cooking in the front office to get a qualified replacement for Boseman. They cut him and he would have been a good backup.

Either FA or pick 33 to find the guy. The draft has a few guys that could be the rock in the middle.

Looks to me like they will have to go draft and try and find that guy they believe can develop.

Maybe WR in FA and hope for the best

What u got?

• Beer 1

Powers Johnson or Graham Barton. Both of them are good enough to be gone before we pick though. 

I'm not sure there's a ton of other options that are worth 33 overall without reaching. I'd look for a trade down if neither drop to us 

Trading Burns would help a lot in rebuilding the o line. Maybe R2 and R3 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Powers Johnson or Graham Barton. Both of them are good enough to be gone before we pick though. 

I'm not sure there's a ton of other options that are worth 33 overall without reaching. I'd look for a trade down if neither drop to us 

Trading Burns would help a lot in rebuilding the o line. Maybe R2 and R3 

I am very worried about a reach in the draft.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

13 minutes ago, not.Jeff.Reed said:

Would Zach Frazier, the Center out of West Virginia, be a good pick at the beginning of the 2nd round?

He is very strong but not real agile.  In a wide zone, I would doubt it.  The kid from Georgia with 4 last names in mid round 3 or so is a better option, but I am not the expert here.  I liked Frazier because I saw Bozeman getting bull rushed last year, but in the Wide Zone, less of an issue.

• Pie 2

at 33 you probably would be getting the best or close to it center that is on your board.  At 33 you are probably getting the 8ish best wr, so I guess its how the value the positions.   Getting the number one center in the draft, while not sexy, would be incredibly helpful

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

at 33 you probably would be getting the best or close to it center that is on your board.  At 33 you are probably getting the 8ish best wr, so I guess its how the value the positions.   Getting the number one center in the draft, while not sexy, would be incredibly helpful

It depends on how it all falls into place. I would rather we go BPA than have to draft purely on need.

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

no picks and little cap space

fuging fitterer was a piece of work

What pisses me off?  For the past few years, mocking season has been the best part of my year.  It is so messed up now, I can't mock draft with any degree of personal enjoyment.  You took that from me Fitterer!! You bastard.