• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will this be goodbye for Luvu?

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No poo Luvu isn't on the level of guys like Luke, TD, Beason, Morgan, etc. No one has ever claimed such. All those guys were 1st round picks though. That's the type of investment you usually have to make to get guys of that caliber and I hope the days of us spending 1st round picks on off the ball LBs are over.

I want to get back to the point where we are drafting best player available and in those cases, that's what we did as an organization. Also, Will Witherspoon, James Anderson, those guys were not first rounders, and like them if Luvu wants top tier OLB cripple the salary cap money, peace and blessing to him. 

1 minute ago, NorthTryon said:

I want to get back to the point where we are drafting best player available and in those cases, that's what we did as an organization. Also, Will Witherspoon, James Anderson, those guys were not first rounders, and like them if Luvu wants top tier OLB cripple the salary cap money, peace and blessing to him. 

I'd put Luvu roughly on par with a guys like Witherspoon and Anderson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

24 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Here's Luke getting juked by a 10 yr old. Bijan is in the NFL too. Your cherry-picked single play is invalid.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/young-camper-completely-jukes-carolina-panthers-linebacker-luke-kuechly

Yeah, noticed you had to edit your post.🤣 Luke getting juked by ten year old! Don't be silly. I am not going to take time to make a video of Luvu's struggle plays, but that was a clear example. Thanks for being predictable and using the words cherry picked.

Luvu is the best second-level presence, and better than at least 2/3 of the roster. Panther front office must make a concerted effort to extend Luvu. His consistently has been incredible and excemplary. His ability to factor into the entire defense, and his leadership skills has made him a cornerstone of the defensive plan. Not re-signing Luvu would be sending the wrong message to the rest of the team and the whole league.

22 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Yeah, noticed you had to edit your post.🤣 Luke getting juked by ten year old! Don't be silly. I am not going to take time to make a video of Luvu's struggle plays, but that was a clear example. Thanks for being predictable and using the words cherry picked.

I edited to say 'single play' instead of 'post' but hey, read what you want into it just like you're reading into Frankie missing a single tackle.

Following your logic, how many great defenders would be cut because they got juked? How the Bears kept Urlacher after this play, I'll never know. Big mistake on their part.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd put Luvu roughly on par with a guys like Witherspoon and Anderson.

Spoon was way better than Anderson, just a tier below Beason/Dan/Luke/TD etc. A true Will type even though he played MLB for a few years as well. Love Dan but it's always a 'what if' thing had we kept him instead of Morgan after 2005, particularly with Beason coming into the fold in 2007. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I edited to say 'single play' instead of 'post' but hey, read what you want into it just like you're reading into Frankie missing a single tackle.

Following your logic, how many great defenders would be cut because they got juked? How the Bears kept Urlacher after this play, I'll never know. Big mistake on their part.

We all know Urlacher was overrated! I used to get so excited when we played them in the playoffs because on paper I knew Urlacher was their great defender and we always came away with a win. There are a bunch of plays where he looked terrible including Bettis running over him at the goal line. He was rated the number one overrated player by his fellow NFLers year in and year out. I am glad that he is a HOF though, because that means for sure Keek is going to get in too. 

11 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Spoon was way better than Anderson, just a tier below Beason/Dan/Luke/TD etc. A true Will type even though he played MLB for a few years as well. Love Dan but it's always a 'what if' thing had we kept him instead of Morgan after 2005, particularly with Beason coming into the fold in 2007. 

Spoon was a good player but a BIG step down from those other guys

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Saints have worked out an agreement with Demario Davis on a two-year, $17.25MM contract...he had 6.5 sacks last year, similar to Luvu.  We might see something in this range, but a longer extension....3 years would let us pay him nothing this year and push the bulk into 2026 where we lead the league in cap space.

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

His agent isn't doing his job if he re-signs with this dumpster fire. 

That depends on what he gets. But I’d think Luvu would like to be on a winner if he has a chance all things being equal. This is probably the best shot he will ever have at upgrading his situation. 

Wouldn’t he want to believe we were gonna win something in the next year or two to want to sign here?