• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

I imagine the sticking point is the contract with Burns--just as it was with us--the Giants would offer less if the deal was higher--I assume.  Morgan is earning his $$$ today---he should be playing them off each other.

Just now, Basbear said:

I see Morgan's master plan about filling holes is making more of them??

Finding 2 starting edges is going to take years.

I knew no matter what the Panthers would lose in this Burns deal. 

They've needed 2 even with Burns.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

no--they are going after a QB, imo.  The fact that they did not want to give up a second (if true) is probably the reason this is dragging out.  They need it to move up.  I  am totally guessing, but if we take both seconds now, they can't move up as easy. 

I've got a perfect solution. How about we include in the package a QB who is worth not one, but TWO first round picks?

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

We lost Burns months ago.  All that is left is trying to get something for him

• Pie 3

Just now, Captroop said:

I've got a perfect solution. How about we include in the package a QB who is worth not one, but TWO first round picks?

I think in trades, they pay by the pound.  We'd get a seventh round conditional pick in 2027

• Flames 2

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can deal with a 1st next year. We could be in a Bears situation with 2 top 5 picks.

Draft Sanders and the top WR. Hire Deion as HC.

*Just messing with you Linville. That would be your worst nightmare huh?

I think you are joking here, but that wouldn't be a nightmare scenario, it would be the final nail in the coffin of this franchise.

It would mean firing a coach for the 3rd straight year, to hire a guy who is NOT an NFL coach, his style won't work with NFL players, it only can work with college kids.  And then you'd be drafting his son and thus locking yourself into a situation for 3 years where you can't fire the coach no matter how bad it goes because it would then basically make your QB refuse to play for you if you did.

That's all also before even taking into consideration that Sanders is nowhere near as good as the hype around him is, if he was as good as the hype, Colorado wouldn't have been as bad as they were this year

Just now, Basbear said:

Find two mid level guys who can get you 5 sacks. Covers Burns production.