• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Giants looking to trade for Brian Burns

Just now, MHS831 said:

Probably a good point--but something is holding this up.  If other teams are involved, it would also be a waste of everyone's time to have a contract worked out before a trade was in place--I assume that Burn's agent gave the Giants a ballpark figure, and the devil is in the details.  I dunno because nobody does.

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean they had a full agreement already ironed out and in place, but they 100% already had a high level discussion and agreement on relative compensation.

There would be no point in the teams working out a deal, only to find out the Giants and Burns were too far apart to come to a deal.

It would literally waste everyone's time, the Panthers, the Giants, and Burns, so it just would never have gotten to this point unless the Giants and Burns were at least in the same ballpark.  While at the same time, the Panthers and Giants also had to be in the same ball park of compensation for it to get to this point.

None of that is to say it can't fall apart in the end, it's just saying that the threat of Burns blowing the deal up by refusing to sign his franchise tender so they can complete the trade, is a complete non-starter, as they're too far into the process for that to even be a concern to any party.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

With us signing Hunt to a massive deal, I knew Burns was a goner. If we somehow end up with both their 2nds..Double up on WRs and grab a center?? Maybe a pass rusher to fill the void???

All the Panthers need is starting RB, TE, WR, WR, C, NT, DE, OLB, OLB, LB, NB, CB, and FS

*Could add QB, LT, and LG

Plus depth at QB, RT, OG, RB, S, CB, LB, MLB, DE, NT, CB, NB, LT, C, TE, Slot WR, WR, SS, OLB...

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

All the Panthers need is starting RB, TE, WR, WR, C, NT, DE, OLB, OLB, LB, NB, CB, and FS

Plus depth at QB, RT, OG, RB, S, CB, LB, MLB, DE, NT, CB, NB, LT, C, TE, Slot WR, WR, SS, OLB...

Sir Purr signed his contract extension so, we’re good there for several years.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

There literally isn't a position we're set at

We have one elite player on the entire roster in Brown, but after that, there honestly isn't a player locked into a single starting spot as of this moment outside of Thielen, Bryce, and Horn.  One of whom is likely already a bust that we're forced to start, another hasn't been able to stay healthy, and Thielen is a slot WR who has maybe 1 or 2 years left in his career.

Even Moton isn't locked in as they could decide to cut their losses due to the cap hit if they can't re-work a deal.  Ickey isn't locked in at LT as they could end up moving him to LG.  And on defense, outside of Burns and Horn, I'm not sure we even have any average starters, so nobody is locked in to any spot yet.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

But we got Long Snapper absolutely locked up!

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I would add longsnapper depth, but that is just me.

• Pie 1

sounds like it's not quite as close as Sheena indicated. 

also sounds like 6 is off the table which is a shame because I would actually take 6 overall in this draft over the Rams deal tbh 

21 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Watch this be the worst trade in NFL history and it's actually the Panthers giving up draft resources to trade Brian Burns away hahahahah

what the fug are you talking about 

Just now, SOJA said:

sounds like it's not quite as close as Sheena indicated. 

also sounds like 6 is off the table which is a shame because I would actually take 6 overall in this draft over the Rams deal tbh 

lol of course 6 is off the table

If 6 was on the table we would probably throw in cash to pay part of Burns' salary

Just now, tukafan21 said:

lol of course 6 is off the table

If 6 was on the table we would probably throw in cash to pay part of Burns' salary

I'd argue if Burns were draftable he would be the top rated defensive player in this draft even at his age soooo I would ask for 6

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Sir Purr signed his contract extension so, we’re good there for several years.

You sure about that?!??!

Then explain this recent development-

carolina-panthers-sir-purr.gif.0fd220e78e714ae75b024e45d6a597ac.gif

Edited by Basbear

Just now, SOJA said:

I'd argue if Burns were draftable he would be the top rated defensive player in this draft even at his age soooo I would ask for 6

There are probably only a dozen non QB's in the entire NFL that a team would give up the 6th pick in the draft for when they know they then have to give that player a $25+ million contract to

And spoiler alert, Burns sure as poo aint one of those players.