• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking: Panthers sign former Seahawks OG Damien Lewis

Twist of fate. The Panthers finally care about oline but gut the defense in process.  Center is an issue. We gonna need edge, NT, corner and safety help too. Jeez.  Don't forget to add the playmakers. We need like 6 starters and have 3 lottery darts in draft. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

The line was trash....doesn't matter who the QB is now or in the future, can't have a trash oline. Sets everything back.

Both the starting OGs were injuried, both were listed to be ready for OTAs and TC. Now will be backups it seems. I bet the Panthers OL has to be the highest paid in the league now, too bad the can not say the same for talent side...

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Corbett to OC Brady Christensen to swing OT

I've been saying for years that BC was better suited as a swing tackle rather than a guard.  But what do I know, other that I've been right more times than not compared to our past three GMS.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

A very very ‘Hugh price’ has been paid, and continues to be, for Young

on the flip side, if young flames out, well, the Panthers have guards..no defense, but hey, guards for the next qb

You get the feeling that Tepper made the Young decision and he wanted Morgan to make him look good--and if you are a former MLB and you watch film, the guards jump out at you as a weakness.

Looks like Corbett to C, 2 new OGs, BC to swing T, Ickey and Moton at starting OTs. 

I wonder if Evero agreed to Burns, Luvu, YGM, Jackson, and Bell gone.  That is almost half the starting 11--gone--we thought they would try to keep them.... I am scared, but hopeful that this ends well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

thinking about it and wondering if the "Corbett to Center" talk is just the front office source covering up for what would otherwise be an obvious, visible from space, need to draft a center early, since there isn't one on the roster right now.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Twist of fate. The Panthers finally care about oline but gut the defense in process.  Center is an issue. We gonna need edge, NT, corner and safety help too. Jeez.  Don't forget to add the playmakers. We need like 6 starters and have 3 lottery darts in draft. 

I mean I guess they could've completely sold out to pay the returning defenders like Burns, Luvu, and others. And then decided to fix the offense gradually.

But according to reports, they're putting a huge emphasis on offense in free agency. So maybe they view offense as the more pressing issue and the defense, as more of a long term project. 

5 minutes ago, vorbis said:

thinking about it and wondering if the "Corbett to Center" talk is just the front office source covering up for what would otherwise be an obvious, visible from space, need to draft a center early, since there isn't one on the roster right now.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe it's just me hoping that is what is going on. 

Edited by Jon Snow

21 minutes ago, mcsmoak said:

We’re also apparently telling him he needs to score 30 a game if we’re only going to address the offense…. Considering we desperately need DE, LB, CB, and S 

Regardless off how you interpret it bryce is gonna have to show major improvement to back up all this spending on O linemen. The excuses are dwindling with every signing and thess guys are already proven top of the league players without him so we are not gonna magically act like they always sucked when bryce is still struggling this time around. Thats out the window 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

I've been saying for years that BC was better suited as a swing tackle rather than a guard.  But what do I know, other that I've been right more times than not compared to our past three GMS.

We are determined to keep pressure out of Bryce's face--that is for sure.

Corbett, by the way, played some center while with the Browns. 

I think they are going to find OL in their primes now and start drafting their replacements as depth.  Funny, but they are going to replace the starting guards that were on IR last year but keep them, moving one to C and the other to swing OT.  HOPEFULLY, we get OT depth (who can play G) and upgrade our C with a more mobile player.   We need depth, and nothing more--this changes my mocks considerably.

Yes--you would have been a better GM than everyone since Polian, but he sucked at the end.

• Pie 1