• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Chase Young visiting Panthers

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The new Jadeveon Clowney.

I know we're desperate but don't do this.

Jadeveon Clowney is a solid DE who has earned his role as a starter on multiple teams.

He didn't end up being #1 overall pick good, but he is an A+ Run defender and decent pass rusher.

Years when he actually stays healthy (Which is not often) he puts up solid numbers.

He's also light-years better than anyone else on our roster who plays the position.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My view?  If he is cheap, why not?  He is 24, will get 9-10 sacks, and we would have paid $25m for that.  We can't fill all the holes this year.   Do I expect much? No, but when I was 24....

If they give him $20m, NO.  If they give him $2-4 m, maybe.

He's probably going to get around $10M give or take a few

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

He just had a decent season, given his age tho

He always has decent seasons, he’s just completely destroyed his ability to ever really build a name for himself by being a mercenary determined to maximize his dollar value down to the penny every single offseason

the guy could’ve gone somewhere and really been a franchise icon but he’s been obsessed with squeezing every drop of money he can, and I guess that’s his prerogative to do.

if it were me though, and it isn’t, but if it were, actually embracing a city and being embraced in return and never having to buy my own meal again seems like something worth having 

he’s a good player.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

That's a 3rd of Burns cost with equal production and better run defense.  

They could sign another similar DE to go with him and end up getting more production for half of what Burns got. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My view?  If he is cheap, why not?  He is 24, will get 9-10 sacks, and we would have paid $25m for that.  We can't fill all the holes this year.   Do I expect much? No, but when I was 24....

If they give him $20m, NO.  If they give him $2-4 m, maybe.

Most definitely.  When Chase went to SF he did very little for them after the trade.  I don't know whether the injury he suffered affected his play or he is just washed up.  

Low salary, good deal.  High Salary, No Way,.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

They could sign another similar DE to go with him and end up getting more production for half of what Burns got. 

The Eagles were cutting Sweat.  That's a good one to look at IMO.  

19 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

He's not going to take a lowball contract lol.

Did not say he would--He has not earned anything but a lowball contract.  I just would not pay him more--someone might, but I would not.  If you pay a half-asser more than most of the players at his position, it would send a negative message.  I look at the player's impact on others.  He is a bigger name,and he will influence a locker room--not gonna pay to have cancer.

He probably needs to be on a team with some veterans who can take him under their wings--we won't have that

Edited by MHS831

The Huddle will love Chase Young if they think Burns was bad at taking plays off. Burns could get washed out and be taken out of the play, but Young will literally jog through his rep and not engage in a tackle right in his path.

Absolutely not a dog. If the Panthers sign him then it's because they're feeling the heat and their plans for free agency fell apart.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is an instance where 2 dimes might actually end up being better than a quarter. 

Exactly.  When you are building a team, attitude is very important, and if you bring a turd into your locker room, it could have a negative impact on a lot of players.  People forget, you go through adversity and it is very competitive. Attitude is everything.

15 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Jadeveon Clowney is a solid DE who has earned his role as a starter on multiple teams.

He didn't end up being #1 overall pick good, but he is an A+ Run defender and decent pass rusher.

Years when he actually stays healthy (Which is not often) he puts up solid numbers.

He's also light-years better than anyone else on our roster who plays the position.

Clowney is the Sam Bradford of DEs. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

The Huddle will love Chase Young if they think Burns was bad at taking plays off. Burns could get washed out and be taken out of the play, but Young will literally jog through his rep and not engage in a tackle right in his path.

Absolutely not a dog. If the Panthers sign him then it's because they're feeling the heat and their plans for free agency fell apart.

This is what I need to hear--I have only seen his highlights.  Good players in the NFL rarely play on 3 teams before they turn 25.  I would not pay him much, and I would keep him on a short leash.