• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Chase Young visiting Panthers

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Jadeveon Clowney is a solid DE who has earned his role as a starter on multiple teams.

He didn't end up being #1 overall pick good, but he is an A+ Run defender and decent pass rusher.

Years when he actually stays healthy (Which is not often) he puts up solid numbers.

He's also light-years better than anyone else on our roster who plays the position.

You better get out of here with that logic! Everybody should know that Chase Young is still coming back to !00% from his knee surgery. Washington had a fire sell to save money, and we seen the BS in capital letters of what happened in San Fran. Also, nobody is talking about how Bosa took basically half the season to get into shape only playing hard on passing downs! The great white hypes though never get questioned about effort or that stupid dawg shite! 

• Poo 4

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

For what its worth, his PFF grade is basically identical to Burns last year.

Yeah, but that's as a situational pass rusher. As the Vikings article stated he's not best used as a starter, but as the third option.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Chase Young’s PRWR is 19 vs Burns in 21 (very close). Young is better at run defense and can be had for hopefully less than half of Burns for a shorter length. He is also only 24. If we can sign him for the right contract he should be a slight upgrade to Burns because his game is more complete. Yes they both take plays off. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38356170/2023-nfl-pass-rush-run-stop-blocking-win-rate-rankings-top-players-teams

Chase Young’s PRWR is 19 vs Burns in 21 (very close). Young is better at run defense and can be had for hopefully less than half of Burns for a shorter length. He is also only 24. If we can sign him for the right contract he should be a slight upgrade to Burns because his game is more complete. Yes they both take plays off. 

People used to say that about Peppers too.  There is a bit of a cat and mouse game going on during a game.  If the T sees your moves every play, you are easier to block later.  You hear this a lot about DEs/OLBs/Edge players.

• Pie 1

I think he would be a good signing for us to alleviate the concerns after the Burns trade. But I know the honeymoon won't last long between our fanbase and this guy if people had so much vitriol for Burns.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

People used to say that about Peppers too.  There is a bit of a cat and mouse game going on during a game.  If the T sees your moves every play, you are easier to block later.  You hear this a lot about DEs/OLBs/Edge players.

Yeah very few of these guys are going 110% every play.  They will get exhausted.  I see a lot of holding your position and trying to shed your blocker at certain moments.  

16 hours ago, Jmac said:

When Burns opened his pie hole about not going 100%, I was done with him.

Go drag your ass someplace else.

Given how violent this sport is and the lack of support to retired players the NFL offers. Can you really blame him?

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

Given how violent this sport is and the lack of support to retired players the NFL offers. Can you really blame him?

I don’t blame him and I know he’s not the only one that has felt that way.  I’m just not sure why he said anything about it publicly.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

That's like demanding a raise but not wanting to do what it takes to get it because you're afraid that you will get hurt if you do. That makes zero sense no matter how you spin it.

• Pie 1