• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't blame Morgan for this mess

Jmac

The pinhead they fired is the culprit. Dan has the job trying to clean the mess up. He was 2nd fiddle to Fitts and probably had little say in the FINAL outcome.

He knows what needs to be done. This should have been done a long time ago. The team needed a total rebuild and are not a 'few players away'.

Clean off the shelves and restock in 2024 and 2025. As they say "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 2

Honestly, I'm kind of all in on a culture rebuild, haven't done a proper one since Ron was hired.

Remember when we kept the core of a 2-14 team and then sucked for 3 more years with bad contracts?

Well now we'll suck for 3 more years with a better cap situation.

13 minutes ago, Mol3m4n said:

Do y'all think assistants only grab coffee for the gm?

Do they run the show?

Assistant can advise, but the boss is going to do whatever the boss wants to do. It's not like they were co-GMs or anything.

I've had several bosses who I really didn't like decisions that they made, but it wasn't my job to like what they do. My job was to help them accomplish what they wanted to do. I brought stuff to the table that made me valuable to them, but they were going to do what they wanted.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

The pinhead they fired is the culprit. Dan has the job trying to clean the mess up. He was 2nd fiddle to Fitts and probably had little say in the FINAL outcome.

He knows what needs to be done. This should have been done a long time ago. The team needed a total rebuild and are not a 'few players away'.

Clean off the shelves and restock in 2024 and 2025. As they say "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Hes just wholesaling everything from the sht shack and doing a build according to how he sees fit... hes been in the biz and has been a player... 2 good characteristics. But he does have a little Fitt stank on him.

Posted (edited)

Burns wasn't a dawg. You don't announce that you are not giving 100% and expect good things. Got his money and now he is the Giants problem. Gonna miss Luvu. Morgan offered more money, but he wanted a better scheme for him.....respect.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Mol3m4n said:

Do y'all think assistants only grab coffee for the gm?

Morgan was part of the crew sending the info up the pipeline to Fitterer and Tepper.  

I mean, it’s the offseason and Morgan was the hire so the positive spin is what it is.   But a lot of what happened in terms of the “fix” has classic bad Tepper written all over it.  From Caldwell to Morgan.  We should have literally cleaned house.  We keep botching that and have part of the mess fixing the mess….again. 

• Pie 2

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Do they run the show?

Assistant can advise, but the boss is going to do whatever the boss wants to do. It's not like they were co-GMs or anything.

I've had several bosses who I really didn't like decisions that they made, but it wasn't my job to like what they do. My job was to help them accomplish what they wanted to do. I brought stuff to the table that made me valuable to them, but they were going to do what they wanted.

Sounds just like the fitt defenders blaming rhule.   Morgan was there.  Person has reported on it.  And there is video.   Add all that up and mix in Fitts collaboration management style it's not hard to see how we got here.  

• Pie 1

Just now, CRA said:

Morgan was part of the crew sending the info up the pipeline to Fitterer and Tepper.  

I mean, it’s the offseason and Morgan was the hire so the positive spin is what it is.   But a lot of what happened in terms of the “fix” has classic bad Tepper written all over it.  From Caldwell to Morgan.  We should have literally cleaned house.  We keep botching that and have part of the mess fixing the mess….again. 

Hiring a search firm and then hiring Morgan has to be an all time head scratcher.   

• Pie 2