• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prioritizing Needs as of 3/14 at 10 AM

MHS831

10 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Seeing how free agency is going we may not have any needs come the draft. BPA.

This should be the goal, and might actually execute this year.

• Pie 1

mine (not that anyone would care) ...

1) Edge

2) Center

3) WR

3) CB

5) TE

6) big bowling ball RB

image.png.18ebe261759ab2560bfd307498ef75c8.png

did this mock right after listing my priorities.

2 trades ( i can't remember what, but they were offered)

bingo bango bongo

i think Darius will be a beast. 

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger is the best fit at OC for what we will be doing. not great options for a wide zone blocking scheme at center after him. this is as late as i would try to take him. risky waiting that long, but i wanted more picks. 

Xavier is just a favorite of mine, but there were still several really good WRs to choose from here. depends on whether you want another slot guy (i  think malachi corley, also a favorite of mine, was there but i went for an X guy). 

kalen king sticks like glue and he's got a bit of a nasty attitude. i just like watching him play. not the fastest, but fast enough. got abused a little by harrison jr, but it was harrison, jr so....

jared wiley...i just have to admit that i more just like the idea of a 6'7 TE. 

audric estime fits the bowling ball RB that you can just keep feeding all game and let him pound away. there's several options that would fit here. i really like braelon allen, ray davis, and isaac guerendo as well who are usually available even a little later.

zac zinter...i was surprised to see him still available. can't have too many good OGs, i think. i saw and i took.

tommy eichenberg is just a hard nosed LB that is everywhere. Xavier Thomas was available there as well and could have gone that way just to have solid book end edge rushers. 

• Pie 1

Awesome breakdown!

I think you’re on it with TE being a much large issue than is currently being discussed.

The Payton Wilson fans (of which I am one, gopack!) will be disappointed but I really think LB is way down on the priority list for the team. Seems clear this regime has a clear plan and that is beef up the offense side of the ball.

Thanks for taking time to put that together!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

EDGE1, 2, & 3 - We probably need at least 3 EDGEs with 2 coming in free agency.  Draft and develop the 3rd.  We have a top 30 visit with Marshawn Kneeland so far.

WR2, 5 - Another outside opposite Johnson. I'm sure they will try Mingo but the draft is where I expect them to go.  Probably add a late round or UDFA slot option as well to develop for when they move on from Theilen too.  I like Adonai Mitchell (Texas) on the outside and maybe an Ainias Smith (Texas A&M) for that slot.  The team is showing a lot of interest in Xavier Leggette or even Keon Coleman.

TE1 - Move TE is missing here.  It looks like Tremble is at the Flex and Thomas is at the Inline but right now the Move is Sullivan. Free agency is bare so draft and develop attempts likely. We seem to have interest in Jared Wiley from TCU.

S2, 3 - I have a feeling Fuller is about to fill this void. Depth looks weak here too right now but maybe Robinson and Cook have been developing. Haven't looked into safeties for the draft.

C2 - Corbett's recent major injuries and him not playing/practicing C in years means we need to address it.  Plus gives us a good chance to slide Corbett back into G if injury bug bites the position. WVU's Zach Frazier has gained traction lately as an option here.  Wisconsin's Tanor Bortolini is a later round zone only center.

CB2 or 4 - Hill is going to be that CB3/Nickel but you're hoping Dane Jackson takes the CB2 job right now but another one that can compete for it is needed. They liked Jamison a lot last year so maybe he's developing but depth is vital at CB. I'm a fan of FSU's Renardo Green who looks to be underrated right now at least by the media.

• Pie 1

well done.

I think we'll sign a S and Edge, hopefully Wonnum.  It would also be nice to bring back Foreman on a $2m deal to work with these new guards.  Fill in some holes with some cheap vets at 1-2m for a cb and olb.  Then hit the draft.

Here's my sim...

33. Robinson - Edge

39. Trade - 39, 142 for 49 and 2025 2nd from Cinn.

49. Peyton Wilson LB (really like this guy)

65. Pran-Granger C

101. Burton WR

141. Wiley TE

240. Watts S

• Pie 1

The only centers I would consider in either the 2nd or 3rd round are Jackson Powers-Johnson (likely gone by #33), Sedrick Van Pran and Zach Frazier. They're the only top-quality pure centers in this class, IMO.

Otherwise, I'd focus on WR/TE/EDGE in those rounds and go with Austin Corbett as the center.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, chknwing said:

Seeing how free agency is going we may not have any needs come the draft. BPA.

We’ve said the exact same thing for all of Fitterer’s reign and it hasn’t worked out yet. BPA should be the process because we have lots of holes. 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, rayzor said:

mine (not that anyone would care) ...

1) Edge

2) Center

3) WR

3) CB

5) TE

6) big bowling ball RB

image.png.18ebe261759ab2560bfd307498ef75c8.png

kalen king sticks like glue and he's got a bit of a nasty attitude. i just like watching him play. not the fastest, but fast enough. got abused a little by harrison jr, but it was harrison, jr so....

jared wiley...i just have to admit that i more just like the idea of a 6'7 TE.

zac zinter...i was surprised to see him still available. can't have too many good OGs, i think. i saw and i took.

tommy eichenberg is just a hard nosed LB that is everywhere. Xavier Thomas was available there as well and could have gone that way just to have solid book end edge rushers. 

I like to see people who know what they have after days 1 and 2. 

Zinter is recovering from that injury, but we would not need him right away.  A steal there.

Wiley is a player they have met with,  and he will be there later.

But what I liked is Tommy Eichenberg.  I noticed him last year in a game I was watching with my brother-in-law, an OSU alumni and a chiropractor in Columbus.  He knows the Buckeyes.  I told him, "I like that Eichenberg LB.  He said that they are high on him, but he has done little so far.  in 2023 he had like 120 tackles.  He would be a great backup who can possibly replace Thompson in 2025.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

The only centers I would consider in either the 2nd or 3rd round are Jackson Powers-Johnson (likely gone by #33), Sedrick Van Pran and Zach Frazier. They're the only top-quality pure centers in this class, IMO.

Otherwise, I'd focus on WR/TE/EDGE in those rounds and go with Austin Corbett as the center.

I like Frazier, but I read somewhere that he is a bruiser who does not fit all offenses.  Strong man, a stud.  I sorta wrote him off for that reason.

46 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Awesome breakdown!

I think you’re on it with TE being a much large issue than is currently being discussed.

The Payton Wilson fans (of which I am one, gopack!) will be disappointed but I really think LB is way down on the priority list for the team. Seems clear this regime has a clear plan and that is beef up the offense side of the ball.

Thanks for taking time to put that together!

I really like Payton Wilson and Luke Kuechly loves him as well.  He has been battling injuries for a while--if not, he'd be a top 10 player.  He is that good when healthy

• Beer 1