• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reading the Tea Leaves

MHS831

That's a great write up! I can tell you put a lot of research and thought into it. Judging by the visits there is a lot of focus on wr. I too believe they are taking a wr in this draft which is stating the obvious. They have looked at receivers that they have in mind in any round. That opens up options at other positions any round as well. I still hope they stick with bpa and not draft for need.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 3

30 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why double dip?

We just traded for a pretty damn solid WR in Johnson. I think 1 more WR is all we need. We still have to see what we have in  Mingo. Thielen is still a solid WR as well.

Johnson, Isn’t he on the last year of his contract? If he has a good year, he’ll demand a big contract and who’s to say he’ll want to re-sign here? If he has a bad year, everyone will want to not keep him. 

Having Thielen definitely should not keep the Panthers from drafting receivers. 

And Mingo, yeah there’s still time with him but this draft is so deep at WR, if you have the chance to get 2 starting WR on cheap contracts for 4 years, why not. 

Like I said, i’d double dip but obviously have a bunch of holes so it’s not like I’d be mad if they go another direction. But with this draft being stacked at WR, and if they’re going BPA and a WR is at top of their board when it’s their turn to pick with both 2nd round picks, I see no problem in that.  Those players give you true WR1 potential, what we have currently is WR2 at best  

Edited by DeSim
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, DeSim said:

Johnson, Isn’t he on the last year of his contract? If he has a good year, he’ll demand a big contract and who’s to say he’ll want to re-sign here? If he has a bad year, everyone will want to not keep him. 

Having Thielen definitely should not keep the Panthers from drafting receivers. 

And Mingo, yeah there’s still time with him but this draft is so deep at WR, if you have the chance to get 2 starting WR on cheap contracts for 4 years, why not. 

Like I said, i’d double dip but obviously have a bunch of holes so it’s not like I’d be mad if they go another direction. But with this draft being stacked at WR, and if they’re going BPA and a WR is at top of their board when it’s their turn to pick with both 2nd round picks, I see no problem in that.  Those players give you true WR1 potential, what we have currently is WR2 at best  

So who do you like for us to double dip for?

I don't really know a lot of these guys besides Coleman. 

40 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

If we don't pick up a solid edge in FA it feels like we have to pick an edge in round 2 even if it's a bit of a reach

There will also be cut-downs before the season opener.  As a team, we have a poor record when reaching.  Hell, we have a poor record when not reaching.

• Beer 1

53 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So who do you like for us to double dip for?

I don't really know a lot of these guys besides Coleman. 

Adonai Mitchell

Keon Coleman

Ladd McKonkey

Xavier Legette

Those are the guys I feel are worthy of being picked around the 20s-40s range. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Great write up! Edgerrin Cooper is a fast and furious ILB that would complement Jewell nicely in the 3-4. He would be a great selection in the 2nd. Xavier Legette would be a great addition to our WR corp in the 3rd or 4th. 

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Thers a couple centers that would fit the scheme. I can't imagine us not picking one up unless thry manage to get another option in FA.

Which centers fit our scheme?  When I run mock drafts, I hate not knowing what OL fit our new scheme.  I've read this is a pretty good draft for center, but what is you opinion on the best centers or guards that could be centers in this draft from round 2 through round 4?

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Who's your top 2 realistic WR's?

It depends on my mood. It really changes all the time. Xavier Worthy, Addonai, Mcconkey, Xavier Leggette, Malachi Corley.....I really dig all these guys. Hard for me to pick a favorite.

Keon Coleman creeps in there for realistic options as well. The guy is a beast.

• Beer 1