• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With the 33rd Pick in the NFL Draft

This pick is usually a very hot commodity and often traded. 

We are not ready to contend in 2024.

I would very much consider taking a 2025 1st round pick for this draft choice.   We will certainly get offers from other teams.  

Would you take a 1st in 2025 for #33 and maybe a late rounder pick in 2024.  

Plus, with such a deep WR class we would certainly still be able to pick a quality WR. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Well, if I look at the results of picks traded away in the Tepper era.....I would say no pick should ever be traded away no matter the deal.   It's all long a list of being on the losing end. 

just take the BPA at all the spots.  We got room for whoever it is. 

• Pie 1

teams are really really hesitant to trade a first round pick. It's much more likely someone tries to leap frog up from ~ pick 40 which would likely net us an extra fourth rounder

I am all for trading down however if there isn't a sure fire prospect there 

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

teams are really really hesitant to trade a first round pick. It's much more likely someone tries to leap frog up from ~ pick 40 which would likely net us an extra fourth rounder

I am all for trading down however if there isn't a sure fire prospect there 

I would definitely consider moving down a couple of spots for some extra draft capital.  As many have said here before 33 usually grabs a 1st round graded player.  If there was a team that thought this player could make an impact, they MIGHT come off of a 2025 1st.  Agreed it is a long shot, but you never know how sold a GM is on a player and what they might give up to get him especially if they consider themselves a Super Bowl contender. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I was fooling around with an NFL Mock draft simulator and couldn't find anyone to trade their 1st round pick but since I was already there, I did a mock draft and traded down several times.  The outcome was nice at least IMO.  Check it Out

image.thumb.png.fbddd820c459b99dfd3655f276bcfaaa.png

I know people are feeling the Luke comparison.  But Payton got too much damage already on that body coming in for me. 

• Pie 4

46 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This pick is usually a very hot commodity and often traded. 

We are not ready to contend in 2024.

I would very much consider taking a 2025 1st round pick for this draft choice.   We will certainly get offers from other teams.  

Would you take a 1st in 2025 for #33 and maybe a late rounder pick in 2024.  

Plus, with such a deep WR class we would certainly still be able to pick a quality WR. 

has anyone ever traded the first pick in the next draft for the 33rd pick?