• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Roman Wilson

NAS

Every draft, there's a WR who was underrated.  Last year it was Puka Nacua. 

This year it's Roman Wilson - he will be a steal of the draft at wide receiver if he drops any lower than 2nd round.  

I'll come back to collect receipts in the fall 🙂

• Pie 2

He falls more in the slot-only designation rather than the slot types that can also play flanker (McConkey, Pearsall). And in that slot-only designation, I'm taking Malik Washington and Corley over him.  But I do like the guy, he's got some fire in that role.  

Michigan just used him soooo much on quick outs and veers and was their slot motion man so a lot is yet to be seen.  However when he went deep, and didn't out pace coverage, he got swallowed by DBs.  Just doesn't have the man v man strength to beat NFL DBs so I don't think he'll be coveted in the 2nd by teams.      

I see him being successful but it's going to be a slot role in a well-oiled machine type offense.  My fit would be to compliment Jefferson and Addison in Minny.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 3/19/2024 at 9:13 PM, CamWhoaaCam said:

We had Agent 89 his name was DJ Moore.

DJ Moore is awesome and I am still so disappointed we traded him but nobody has that inner fire Steve Smith had. Don't get me wrong DJ is such a good player to produce with sub par QB's for years don't know if I could say he is a Steve Smith yet. Who knows though maybe eventually. I just wish we still had DJ

12 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

He falls more in the slot-only designation rather than the slot types that can also play flanker (McConkey, Pearsall). And in that slot-only designation, I'm taking Malik Washington and Corley over him.  But I do like the guy, he's got some fire in that role.  

Michigan just used him soooo much on quick outs and veers and was their slot motion man so a lot is yet to be seen.  However when he went deep, and didn't out pace coverage, he got swallowed by DBs.  Just doesn't have the man v man strength to beat NFL DBs so I don't think he'll be coveted in the 2nd by teams.      

I see him being successful but it's going to be a slot role in a well-oiled machine type offense.  My fit would be to compliment Jefferson and Addison in Minny.  

This man is actually doing some research and im here for it. Good poo

15 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

DJ Moore is awesome and I am still so disappointed we traded him but nobody has that inner fire Steve Smith had. Don't get me wrong DJ is such a good player to produce with sub par QB's for years don't know if I could say he is a Steve Smith yet. Who knows though maybe eventually. I just wish we still had DJ

DJs first 4 years were better than Steve. Steve took off when the 05 season began and if you look at DJs year with the Bears, looks like hes starting to as well around the same time Steve did in his career.

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1

22 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

What I have seen is that he gets off the line of scrimmage and creates separation, catches the ball with his hands, and despite his smaller stature, has an impressive catching radius. Like Smitty, not afraid to go into traffic and attack the ball in the air.   His route running is among the best in this class.  He is shifty, can be a threat both in short quick outs (which is what bryce needs) as well as vertically.  I'm not sure where this "swallowed by the DBs" comes from, I didn't see it.  

1 hour ago, NAS said:

What I have seen is that he gets off the line of scrimmage and creates separation, catches the ball with his hands, and despite his smaller stature, has an impressive catching radius. Like Smitty, not afraid to go into traffic and attack the ball in the air.   His route running is among the best in this class.  He is shifty, can be a threat both in short quick outs (which is what bryce needs) as well as vertically.  I'm not sure where this "swallowed by the DBs" comes from, I didn't see it.  

I believe he can be successful, his shiftiness, quickness/change of direction, and acceleration are really nice. However when he didn’t beat a man with his speed, he doesn’t shake off DBs - need to check back but think some were the Rutgers and OSU games - he gets thrown off by initial contact and McCarthy ends up needing to dance bc no one was getting open.

When they designed plays for him to get the ball quickly or behind a set, he lit it up. And when he can burn DBs at the jump, he lit it up. But you need to be able to win against NFL DBs on the outside, I don’t see that yet.

I just think he has more acclimation needed as a potential Z than others and will primarily be slot year 1.  He’s a joystick, that’s for sure. Also-So much was designed for him and the plays were setup in a way that I find it hard to have a true eval for certain traits. Just my 2 cents

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I believe he can be successful, his shiftiness, quickness/change of direction, and acceleration are really nice. However when he didn’t beat a man with his speed, he doesn’t shake off DBs - need to check back but think some were the Rutgers and OSU games - he gets thrown off by initial contact and McCarthy ends up needing to dance bc no one was getting open.

When they designed plays for him to get the ball quickly or behind a set, he lit it up. And when he can burn DBs at the jump, he lit it up. But you need to be able to win against NFL DBs on the outside, I don’t see that yet.

I just think he has more acclimation needed as a potential Z than others and will primarily be slot year 1.  He’s a joystick, that’s for sure. Also-So much was designed for him and the plays were setup in a way that I find it hard to have a true eval for certain traits. Just my 2 cents

You may be right, he may not be a year 1  starter on the outside, but I think the high potential is there and as a slot receiver he could be what Bryce didn't have last year.  I know Thielen was in the slot a  lot but he doesn't have the shiftiness or the speed to create immediate separation that we need. 

• Pie 1