• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clowney coming home?

39 minutes ago, mcsmoak said:

If it were all about that, he wouldn’t even be entertaining Carolina from the start.   He’s an extreme mommas boy, or atleast he used to be, and loves South Carolina.   I think if the panthers were even in the playoff conversation he would have been signed by now.  Still a decent shot though due to the location factor 

I hope you are right! He is a much needed piece of the puzzle.

I'll never get the "bring him home" stuff. How many of us actually NEED to be close to our folks? It takes no time for an NFL player to hop on a plane and go see the family. Players also have the off season. Yeah, he could get a huge mansion in SC, but uh ... he'd be in SC. Play for a better team, in a more exciting area, then after you retire you can go home.

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'll never get the "bring him home" stuff. How many of us actually NEED to be close to our folks? It takes no time for an NFL player to hop on a plane and go see the family. Players also have the off season. Yeah, he could get a huge mansion in SC, but uh ... he'd be in SC. Play for a better team, in a more exciting area, then after you retire you can go home.

There is a difference in being able to play in front of your family.  

Just now, jfra78 said:

Right but they still have to sign rookies

We still have some big negotiations to do that will open more - we can open up $14M by restructuring Moton, Thielen, Sanders, and Tuttle.  All depends on the impact on next year's ability to cut them if needed.

16 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Or buy your mother a mansion in whatever state you're currently playing in. 

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Is he visiting again this week? 

if i'm thinking of the right person, he was going to be meeting with the jets today then flying here tonight and visiting with us tomorrow.

or maybe that was williams. i don't know.

• Pie 1