• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We essentially turned Mike Williams down

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

jets being that is a hard sell as well. it's clear that's what they want to be and think they are, though.

i think they are done trying to build a long term team. they want just one year where they don't suck.  they have had only 1 winning season since their last playoff appearance in 2010. 

of all the teams to be jealous of, they aren't one of them.

I get it for them though. They're trying to go all in with Rodgers in the Twilight of his career. If you're running it back with him then a guy like Williams makes a lot of sense.

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get it for them though. They're trying to go all in with Rodgers in the Twilight of his career. If you're running it back with him then a guy like Williams makes a lot of sense.

oh i know. it's just very rare that this ever works out.

i mean we saw it with brady and the bucs, but that was as much a unicorn as drafting a 6th round scrawny QB and him taking you to 9 superbowls and winning 6 of them. 

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

oh i know. it's just very rare that this ever works out.

i mean we saw it with brady and the bucs, but that was as much a unicorn as drafting a 6th round scrawny QB and him taking you to 9 superbowls and winning 6 of them. 

You can always pair the aging legend with an elite D and then ask the refs to carry you to a Lombardi.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can always pair the aging legend with an elite D and then ask the refs to carry you to a Lombardi.

ouch. true. i just don't see rodgers as being beloved enough to pull that off, but i guess it could happen.

but think about this...rodgers is 2 years older than favre was when the jets went this route with him. more just an interesting bit of trivia than anything, but still...jets. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You do realize that not every player views the world the way you do, right?

These are ultimately business decisions. Otherwise, why on earth would anyone want to go to Green Bay, Wisconsin or Jacksonville, FL?

Who said you should view the world the same as I?

Believe what you want my man no hate over here.

19 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

It hurts when someone turns you down. Panthers just saving face. Get better as a team and players will sign with you point blank.

Nobody in their right mind thinks we are a better chance at winning over the Jets.

If the money is the same are you taking Charlotte NC over NY City?

If the money is the same are you taking Bryce Young over Aaron Rodgers?

I rest my case. 

To answer Charlotte vs NYC, I'm taking Charlotte 10000000000000% of the time.

• Flames 1

6 hours ago, d-dave said:

Here's where I am, as an idiot with a keyboard.

1. Mike Williams has a perception of being hurt a lot.  Of being on the injury report weekly and playing through injuries.  While that's not out of the norm in the NFL, let's do some basic division and look at a few things versus how much he got.

Average games per season 12.6

Average receptions per game 3.5

Average yards per game 54.6

TDs per season 4.4

Williams contract from the jets:  1 year UPTO $15 million ($8.3m guaranteed, $6.7 incentives)

When you look at it that way, maybe he was asking too much, and the Jets overpaid.  Maybe the Panthers realized that he's too old, too injured, and not a great gamble.

Compare that to DJ Chark: 15 games, 2.3 receptions, 35 yards, 5 TDs on the year. These are the same averages for Williams' career.

Don't get it twisted, Mike Williams is light-years better than DJ Chark.  But is Mike Williams in 2024 three times better of an investment than a journeyman WR at this point?

And heck, it could also be the team didn't like his medicals.  I don't know.  Just an idiot with a keyboard!

For starters, nobody here thought you were an idiot with a keyboard.  We thought you use a tablet.    Seriously, excellent breakdown.  I love data-based thinking (over emotion). 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, The Huddler said:

man he would have looked awesome in a Panthers sweat suit on the sideline

damn  

Yep.  They could have pulled the "Jonathan Stewart stationary bike w/ floppy hat" out of storage.