• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OT: The Deion & Shedeur Sanders Circus

7 minutes ago, jtm said:

College football is the wild wild west at this point so why not have players that publicly refuse to play for certain teams.  NIL created this monster and there is no taming it.  

I think NIL has to change.  It's not "NIL" at this point anyway.  It's just bags of cash to play.  I mean, if it doesn't change.....it's just going to be professional sports at the high levels of college sports.

everyone wanted to hate on Dabo, Saban, and the likes at the time.  But, they were right. The masses were being sold NIL and no one had a problem with it, including Dabo....but NIL isn't where it was going.  At the current pace, it just going to end as professional ball without some correction. 

6 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I'd be quiet too if I boasted nationally how my sons were going to run the NBA ... and they haven't.

It's time to move on. You still talking about something that happened 5 years ago. It's like you want Lavar back talking just so you can complain.

Let the man stay quiet and live happily ever after in his Chino Hills mansion.

1 hour ago, tukafan21 said:

Sure, they're grown adults now, but they were still "kids" when he was making their decisions for them, it's only so easy for a 19 year old to tell his dad no, even if he's the #2 pick in the NBA draft (in regards to him making Lonzo wear BBB shoes).

He pulled an 18 year old LiAngelo out of UCLA after they rightfully suspended him for stealing from a store while in China on a pre-season team trip.

And then he pulled a 17 year old Lamelo out of high school and had him play in some weird league for a year and then sent him to Australia for another year.

None of the instances are fair to say they were grown men who should have been able to make their own decisions.  Yes, they could have, but 99% of kids that age still mostly do what their parents advise them to do.

I'm not trying to say that he didn't fug them up at that time. No doubt he did ans long before that too. But at least for Lamelo and LiAngelo, they seem to be fairly well adjusted and not head cases. 

I am not sure I buy into this theory he ruined their lives. No doubt his insanity was a net detriment, even in the long run. 

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not trying to say that he didn't fug them up at that time. No doubt he did ans long before that too. But at least for Lamelo and LiAngelo, they seem to be fairly well adjusted and not head cases. 

I am not sure I buy into this theory he ruined their lives. No doubt his insanity was a net detriment, even in the long run. 

Oh, I never meant to say that they weren't well adjusted or that they were head cases, and I didn't mean that he ruined their lives either.

But it's unquestionable that he hurt all 3 of their basketball careers with the decisions he forced on each of them around the ages of 17-19.

Yes, he's also likely the reason they were in a position for that to happen anyways, but he still made some massive mistakes regarding each of the 3 that set their careers back.  LaMelo seems like he'll still have a solid career, but I think he'd have been even better if he didn't have his development stunted at such a key time.

Let him finish high school like a normal elite prospect and send him to a top college for a season, he'd have been an even better player.

But I do think he royally screwed over LiAngelo, he could have had a very nice 4 year college career, but he got all butt hurt over UCLA suspending him, despite the fact that he did something that 100% deserved it.  

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Oh, I never meant to say that they weren't well adjusted or that they were head cases, and I didn't mean that he ruined their lives either.

But it's unquestionable that he hurt all 3 of their basketball careers with the decisions he forced on each of them around the ages of 17-19.

Yes, he's also likely the reason they were in a position for that to happen anyways, but he still made some massive mistakes regarding each of the 3 that set their careers back.  LaMelo seems like he'll still have a solid career, but I think he'd have been even better if he didn't have his development stunted at such a key time.

Let him finish high school like a normal elite prospect and send him to a top college for a season, he'd have been an even better player.

But I do think he royally screwed over LiAngelo, he could have had a very nice 4 year college career, but he got all butt hurt over UCLA suspending him, despite the fact that he did something that 100% deserved it.  

Yeah and one of the biggest differences with Shadeur is that he is already older. He's 22 years old. I don't think you are gonna see Deion running the kids life.

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think NIL has to change.  It's not "NIL" at this point anyway.  It's just bags of cash to play.  I mean, if it doesn't change.....it's just going to be professional sports at the high levels of college sports.

everyone wanted to hate on Dabo, Saban, and the likes at the time.  But, they were right. The masses were being sold NIL and no one had a problem with it, including Dabo....but NIL isn't where it was going.  At the current pace, it just going to end as professional ball without some correction. 

NIL is here to stay.

Old school HC's have to adapt or hit the road like Saban. Kids finally get paid and have power now the HC's are mad. It's life we have to adapt to the new world or get left behind.

It's like people who still read the newspaper. It's 2024 and they still living in 1990. Get with the times people!

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and one of the biggest differences with Shadeur is that he is already older. He's 22 years old. I don't think you are gonna see Deion running the kids life.

No, I don't think Deion is going to "force" Shadeur into any decisions in the same way that Lamar did.

But I do think that growing up as Deion's son has given him a sense of entitlement that none of the Ball brothers ever had.

Just his rolex flex celebration alone is so cringy and gives me bad vibes about him being a head case at the next level.  It's very much like the Money celebration that Manziel started to do, gives me the same vibes.

Yes, he's better than Johnny Foosball, but I still think he'll end up causing far more problems for a franchise than he'll solve, and end up hurting whoever drafts him in the long run.

It's also WAY easier for an NBA team to ignore Lamar's bullshit than it ever would be for an NFL franchise to ignore Deion.  One is a HOFer in the sport with a serious megaphone and reach, the other couldn't even hack it at a low level of college hoops and is just an obnoxious loud mouth.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NIL is here to stay.

Old school HC's have to adapt or hit the road like Saban. Kids finally get paid and have power now the HC's are mad. It's life we have to adapt to the new world or get left behind.

It's like people who still read the newspaper. It's 2024 and they still living in 1990. Get with the times people!

NIL should be.   It this isn’t Name Image and Likeness.  It’s pay to pay and it’s only getting started.  The current path surely has to be altered….otherwise the path is just officially becoming professional sports (big time college football).  Which will need to be its own thing.   As in not lumped in with the majority of collegiate sports.  Because it will be professional ball. 

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

NIL is here to stay.

Also, newest of new school folks like Deion are now simply mimicking what Dabo and Saban were saying from the jump. 

NIL is fine.   NIL isn’t the reality that exists.  It just pay to play being called NIL at this point.  

yeah, you have to adapt. If it isn’t going to be actual NIL….more adapting will need to happen and the current path has more altering that will need to occur. 

20 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

On the topic of Shedeur, I don't think he will be in a position (top ~5 pick) to be picky about which team he's drafted by.  And if he is in that position, we should stay far away.

Yeah I don't think Shedeur will be that high on the list. Late 1st I could see but Ewers, Allar, and Beck will probably be the Top 3.