• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Panthers sign Stephon Gilmore too?

Has there been any indication that Gilmore wants to sign here? Besides Clowney trying to get him here and the Panthers making a play, has he said anything about it? 

The silence is deafening.

49 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Has there been any indication that Gilmore wants to sign here? Besides Clowney trying to get him here and the Panthers making a play, has he said anything about it? 

Ehhh...silence is just silence.

I wouldn't put too much into it one way or the other.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind coming back home to possibly finish out his career.

I'm sure he's also talking to Clowney, to see what he saw here and some other older guys about what they see with this new staff. Morgan is probably reaching out as well.

Biggest thing is the money will have to be enough to justify it. We've got a little left. I'm sure we could scrape enough together.

Also, I'm not really seeing much in the way of suitors. I'm sure there are talks with other teams, but I think we're making the biggest push.

1 hour ago, Jmac said:

Also, if you listen to Clowneys presser he said he was talking to Gilmore about coming down here and Clowney said Gilmore is trying to get them to bring him home....so there's that

• Beer 2

43 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Damm that’s actually great news in my opinion he’ll come if we pay him respectably. We definitely have a very good chance it seems he knows what we have the D seems to forming up nicely strong upfront presence (Brown, A Rob, and Clowney). With a really good backend if he signs usually produces a strong defense. Being able to stop the run or minimize it leads to passing plays. More passing leads to picks and strip sacks when you have a strong DB group, usually contract year players show up and show out so considering that Horn will probably show out this year. 

It's important to maintain a solid defense as that will help the offense. We can more take chances knowing the defense can stop teams most of the time. The worse thing is being too conservative on offense because we have to keep "pinning them" deep in their side of the field. If we have a good defense, I see (and hope for) more 4th & 1, 4th and 2 plays and maybe a fake FG or punt once in a while.