• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty on Legette

I just listened to the Aaron Duncan video there with Damien Pierce where they were talking about the whole Xavier Legette versus Jonathan Mingo debate.  Interesting to get a sort of dispassionate view of these guys.  The more scouting reports I read about Legette, I'm totally down with drafting him.  I think he opens up a lot of options for Bryce in the short and intermediate areas.

Then again, I have no idea how/what the team is doing.  I'd love to see one of the QBs slide to round two so we could pick up some more picks.  I'm totally down for picking the most impactful player on the board, not just messing around to pick who we think we need.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I don't care about getting open when it comes to certain WR's. This guy is a tank and he's fast. You can't teach that. Throw him the ball in his area and he will go get it.

If he's on the board I will be pissed if we pass on him. He's DK Metcalf like. Don't think twice about it.

*Also people are forgetting we just traded for Johnson who is one of the best WR's at creating seperation. Draft the best WR on the board point blank. 

• Pie 3

This is off topic a bit, but I’ll toss it out there. Rattler made some nice throws in those clips. If he’s on the board in the 4th (or even the 5th) should we roll the dice? 

He’s got a better arm than Bryce Young. He definitely has chemistry with Leggette. If we did take Leggette in round 2, I think it would be hard to pass on Rattler if he’s still on the draft board late on day 3. Thoughts?

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's literally a threat to break tackles and take it 80. Look at these highlights and tell me this guy isn't a freak of nature.

Some of those highlights remind me of Moore

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SCO96 said:

This is off topic a bit, but I’ll toss it out there. Rattler made some nice throws in those clips. If he’s on the board in the 4th (or even the 5th) should we roll the dice? 

He’s got a better arm than Bryce Young. He definitely has chemistry with Leggette. If we did take Leggette in round 2, I think it would be hard to pass on Rattler if he’s still on the draft board late on day 3. Thoughts?

Agree. In a world that placed ability above all, why don’t you want someone to challenge your crappy QB? That isn’t sweating his starting spot one bit.

To me the bar is low and you don’t have to spend much to upgrade him, do it.

edit: If they aren’t going to play Dalton or even have competition, I don’t care to have him on the team. Put someone in that roster spot that can develop into something and get him ready to compete next season.

Edited by strato

14 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's literally a threat to break tackles and take it 80. Look at these highlights and tell me this guy isn't a freak of nature.

I just can't understand why some here says the kid can't get open. They obviously want to see what they want to see. 

Pair him up with someone that can hit him in stride on slants or out routes and he could take it to the house on any given play. Throw up a jump ball somewhere in his area code, and he's going to catch it. There is a whole helluva lot of potential there---more than most. 

I'm not saying there aren't other guys who may not turn out better around the last third of round one or the first half of round two, but you have to know that they aren't as physical, explosive, or have as good of hands as Legette. Some of them are very much stick figures who can be pressed, rerouted, and just dogged all the way through the route, but that's not in Legette's DNA. 

• Pie 2

57 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I just can't understand why some here says the kid can't get open. They obviously want to see what they want to see. 

Pair him up with someone that can hit him in stride on slants or out routes and he could take it to the house on any given play. Throw up a jump ball somewhere in his area code, and he's going to catch it. There is a whole helluva lot of potential there---more than most. 

I'm not saying there aren't other guys who may not turn out better around the last third of round one or the first half of round two, but you have to know that they aren't as physical, explosive, or have as good of hands as Legette. Some of them are very much stick figures who can be pressed, rerouted, and just dogged all the way through the route, but that's not in Legette's DNA. 

I just hope he's still on the board. A guy with his talent usually goes early in the 1st. Luckily this is a deep WR class so he might quietly drop to us in the 2nd.

15 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think I would take Legette over the Texas WRs.

Definitely over the other Xavier. Not sure I'd take Leggette over AD. AD is a master of DB manipulation.

I think I'd Mitchell and Mcconkey over Leggette.

I've got Leggette on the same level as Pearsall. Maybe a little higher depending on my mood.

No matter who we get, I wouldn't be happy with us just taking one. No way I'd be happy taking Leggette without having another top 15-20 WR with him. You bundle him with at the very least Burton and I'm down.

All that said I really like him and think he's going to be really good.

• Pie 1