• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette and Peyton Wilson 33 and 39

24 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Lol. Point well taken. But bruce had guys like this at bama and managed to take advantage of them. 

Yeah, mixed with the getting the ball out within 2.7 seconds thing I just dunno if he'd get is fair share of targets here. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And Legette is considered a 3rd round pick by many of the "experts". The Mingo comp really isn't crazy off. 

Let's try not to look at dated mocks. I know that it's easy to do, but looking at older mock drafts and dated projections isn't as helpful as looking at recent ones.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft/

https://www.si.com/college/southcarolina/football/xavier-legette-projected-as-a-first-rounder-by-mel-kiper-jr#:~:text=Mel Kiper Jr.%2C a renowned,and a solid pro day.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/28/nfl-mock-draft-2024-seven-round-espn-panthers-xavier-legette/

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2024/03/31/nfl-mock-draft-2024-april

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/will-helms-2024-nfl-mock-draft-april-1/

So let's not act like there aren't mocks out here with Legette going before round 3. 

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Athletically and in terms of measurables they are VERY similar and seem to have similar concerns coming out of college.

FtNAdQUXgAI64Bu.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.c28d5a503608fb667548a09bb1ceab2a.jpg

GHsT5WUXgAAYgjn.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.c6ed7813f2d720c1a9691df3145d2a81.jpg

Hes Mingo on paper and a bit faster long speed Laviska on the field. 

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I said "he is considered a 3rd round pick by many of the experts". Evidently you read that I said "he is unanimously considered a 3rd round pick by everyone and drafting him with one of our 2nds would be a travesty".  I'm not sure why you seem so bothered by a variance of opinion.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said "he is considered a 3rd round pick by many of the experts". Evidently you read that I said "he is unanimously considered a 3rd round pick by everyone and drafting him with one of our 2nds would be a travesty".  I'm not sure why you seem so bothered by a variance of opinion.

He got a man crush on XL.  All good. 

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It would seem to be that if you're going to form an opinion, it should be based upon more than he's got a similar build or a similar RAS score than this guy or that guy. That really is nonsensical at the end of the day. And, for the record, I haven't seen one notable analyst (or any analyst really) comp Legette to Mingo. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It would seem to be that if you're going to form an opinion, it should be more than he's got a similar build or a similar RAS score than this guy. That really is nonsensical at the end of the day. And, for the record, I haven't seen one notable analyst (or any analyst really) comp Legette to Mingo. 

I just presented supporting evidence for my opinion. You assuming it's the entire basis for my opinion is on you. You seem to rely too heavily on having analysts tell you what to think. It's okay to formulate your own opinions. The experts get it wrong a lot too.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just presented supporting evidence for my opinion. You assuming it's the entire basis for my opinion is on you. You seem to rely too heavily on having analysts tell you what to think. It's okay to formulate your own opinions. The experts get it wrong a lot too.

Ha ha. What a lazy way to support your opinion. Without a RAS score or Combine measurables, you wouldn't know what to do. But, I know, you looked at that All-22 and said, "Hey, these two guys look exactly the same..." Gimme a break, LG! They're not the same. 

6 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

I have no earthly clue why people want to keep drafting the same type of wr repeatedly and expect a different result on the field. 

How about drafting a dude with legitimate speed and separation with legitimate college production instead of projecting big lumbering dudes to be the next dk Metcalf??

This is why my favorite wr are Troy Franklin and Xavier Worthy

Troy Franklin for me IMO  he is a very similar player to Jamison Williams 

Edited by Aussie Tank
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Ha ha. What a lazy way to support your opinion. Without a RAS score or Combine measurables, you wouldn't know what to do. But, I know, you looked at that All-22 and said, "Hey, these two guys look exactly the same..." Gimme a break, LG! They're not the same. 

I shared supporting evidence. You just parrot other people's opinions. We ain't the same.

Leggett came out of nowhere to have 1 great season.  Could be a red flag.

I like McConkey after more study but he is going 1st round IMO.

If he doesn’t get him and hopefully Barton at center and we have done really well.