• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette and Peyton Wilson 33 and 39

1 hour ago, Mol3m4n said:

1. He played at USC, so you just affirmed you know nothing about the guy and still have an opinion. 

2. I'm a UNC fan. 

Leggette played at USC. 

CRA is a Clempsun fan

Hence him devaluing Leggette

Anything else you need explained?

18 hours ago, csx said:

Clempsun fan

I mean, I’ve been lobbying for Leggette for weeks and weeks.  And it started before the combine….but now I’m some Clemson hater?  

my ideal draft I was pitching was a back to back of some sort of Mitchell and then Leggette back to back play and that was before we picked up that 2nd. 

and the top of the 3rd was a possibility then.  Now people are driving him up their boards higher.  Which happens. 

so yeah, I’d love Leggette.  At the right place. Which isn’t the 33rd. 

17 hours ago, csx said:

Leggette played at USC. 

CRA is a Clempsun fan

Hence him devaluing Leggette

Anything else you need explained?

I’ve been a Leggette praiser bruh.  Tons of threads where I’m arguing for him.  I mean, he has been part of almost every mock scenario I have pitched since pre-combine.

I just don’t want him at 33.   Say that one thing and you erase all my Leggette stan posting lol.

2 hours ago, SOJA said:

Wilson is a huge medical red flag. I'd rather us target BPA out of WR, OT, OG, C, DE, CB at 33 and 39 anyway. positional value matters 

Nearly all teams pass on Cs if you are talking value. I mean name one C drafted in the top ten that you can remember?(I got nothing and I was a former draft nut) Plus remember Kalil fell to the Panthers and forced them to draft him even with hartwig was here with a big contract. 

For me C is just like TE and DT(well it use to be), its soooo undervalued. To me center makes the OL go, but come draft day and pay day, teams disagree. 

• Pie 2

PFF's Monson thinks Legette is a good option for the Panthers.

"Teams often look to trade back up to the first picks of the second round after they get a chance to gauge the players who fell. Last year, Tennesse jumped into Pick 33 to select quarterback Will Levis, and the true best-case scenario for Carolina is that a trade partner gives them a reason to move back. Last year, Arizona moved back eight spots and picked up an extra third-round selection to do so.

"If Carolina got the same deal, they could still grab their favorite receiver, only with an extra draft pick along the way. South Carolina’s Xavier Legette would add size and speed to this group, as well as a contested-catch skill set not currently on the roster."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/06/nfl-draft-2024-panthers-pff-xavier-legette/

On 4/6/2024 at 6:38 PM, top dawg said:

PFF's Monson thinks Legette is a good option for the Panthers.

"Teams often look to trade back up to the first picks of the second round after they get a chance to gauge the players who fell. Last year, Tennesse jumped into Pick 33 to select quarterback Will Levis, and the true best-case scenario for Carolina is that a trade partner gives them a reason to move back. Last year, Arizona moved back eight spots and picked up an extra third-round selection to do so.

"If Carolina got the same deal, they could still grab their favorite receiver, only with an extra draft pick along the way. South Carolina’s Xavier Legette would add size and speed to this group, as well as a contested-catch skill set not currently on the roster."

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/06/nfl-draft-2024-panthers-pff-xavier-legette/

Exactly what I'm thinking they will do. If Legette is taken, they will draft Corley.

35 minutes ago, Billy Goat said:

Joe Person has us taking Legette at 39 in his 2.0 mock. He had us trading away 33 to the Jags for 48, 153 and a 2025 second rounder. Another terrible trade to go with the one he had in his first mock.

I just have 2 wishes for this draft.  Don't trade down.  And get a WR in the 2nd.   Just get BPA at WR.  Last thing we need to do is water down picks when we don't have a 1st to begin with. 

• Pie 2

On 4/1/2024 at 10:24 PM, Jackie Lee said:

Hm side by side again 

So we want Leggett who is a Mingo clone over McConkey whose production is in amongst Waddle, Olave, M. Brown, Smith-Njiba and Nacua?

Seems a very Panthery move.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

So we want Leggett who is a Mingo clone over McConkey whose production is in amongst Waddle, Olave, M. Brown, Smith-Njiba and Nacua?

Leggette is not a Mingo clone.  That's just calling a dude who is short Steve Smith.   They had different trajectories and peaks in college.  They weren't playing the same game in college at their college peaks. 

I don't want him over Ladd.  But he isn't Mingo coming out.  If Mingo was in this draft, he is behind Leggette. 

38 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Where'd you get we want one over another? Both are confirmed to have visited. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Leggette is not a Mingo clone.  That's just calling a dude who is short Steve Smith.   They had different trajectories and peaks in college.  They weren't playing the same game in college at their college peaks. 

I don't want him over Ladd.  But he isn't Mingo coming out. 

He's raw like Mingo. Point being another physical specimen that needs a lot of refinement isn't what we need.  Again, we already have one of those.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, csx said:

Where'd you get we want one over another? Both are confirmed to have visited. 

We brought him in, so there's interest.  I can think of several WRs I'd take before Legette.  Doubtful he's the best WR on the board at #33--or even #39 for that matter.