• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Mock Draft Report 5.0

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Everyone thinks the Panthers are going WR in the second. Watch them not take one until late in the draft if they take one at all.

they did cushion themselves a bit and bought some time albeit a small amount with the DJ trade.  That allows them to not desperately have to get a wr in the 2nd and maybe fortify the lines if guys drop.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

they did cushion themselves a bit and bought some time albeit a small amount with the DJ trade.  That allows them to not desperately have to get a wr in the 2nd and maybe fortify the lines if guys drop.

True, but I'm going with the traditional Panthers move of not picking to the strength of a draft.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

True, but I'm going with the traditional Panthers move of not picking to the strength of a draft.

goes without saying.......

I am starting to day dream about coming out of the 2nd round with one of the top 2 centers. 

• Pie 4

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

goes without saying.......

I am starting to day dream about coming out of the 2nd round with one of the top 2 centers. 

I'd love to see the Panthers snag one of the top 2 centers. I don't think it'll happen though.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The problem is our current #1 wr and #2 wr are could very well be gone after this season.  So there is a cushion, but its very thin.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

The problem is our current #1 wr and #2 wr are could very well be gone after this season.  So there is a cushion, but its very thin.

That pick 39 is a nice reserve to grab one of the next tier WRs if a huge talent drops to 33.  Pears or Coleman could work there with BPA at 33 or even auction that pick if the price is right.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Everyone thinks the Panthers are going WR in the second. Watch them not take one until late in the draft if they take one at all.

iunno unless they setting up a smoke screen for legette i don't see it happening. i'd still like to see OL/LB at 33 then WR at 39.

3 minutes ago, chknwing said:

could Carolina go all Offense this year, and since evero prolly leaves after this season, redraft the defense with the new DC next year?

PFN_Draft_result_1712623744617.thumb.png.a1c3b5bb0675087d9a842ee7771c5dff.png

That draft would pay HUGE dividends in 2025. I few contributions in 2024. But in 2025, this draft would change this team's future. Granted, for the first time ever, Carolina would become an offensive team. Something none of us would recognize. And yes it'd be a little scary for awhile. But...

Welcome to the new NFL.