• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Giants got Burn(s)ed

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Guys please I love you all. Let's just move on from Burns.

He's no longer our problem.

Great contribution. God forbid we discuss something that just happened today that adds perspective to something that happened just a month ago. There’s so much else going on right now after all.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

14 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

I traded Burns to the Texans for a 2nd and Nico Collins in Madden 24.

I couldn’t trade DJackson to the Steelers for Diontae Johnson and the pick swap. Real life is obviously unrealistic. 

• Pie 3

Can't be considered overpayment because of 2 different systems. 

31 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Josh Allen of the Jags just signed pretty much the exact same deal as Brian Burns. 5 Years, $150m, $88m guaranteed.

Both guys are about the same age (25 & 26yrs old), same measurables (6’5 250ish), first round draft picks in the 2019 draft, similar career sack numbers (45 & 46). But uh oh, there’s a few key differences. Josh Allen is coming off the best year of his career with 17.5 sacks. Brian Burns is coming off his second worst behind only his rookie season. Josh Allen lost half of the 2020 season to injury and their career sack totals are neck and neck despite Brian Burns playing 6 more games. And Josh Allen is twice the run defender Burns is with a run defense grade of 82.4 to Burns’ 56.3 over the past 2 seasons, and a pass rush win rate of 17.5% to Burns’ 11.6%.

We actually got the Giants to send us the 39th pick in the draft for the right to overpay Brian Burns.

If these were Burns 2nd worst stats in a 4-3 defense, with his hand in the dirt every play, I would say this argument holds merit. The problem is that a 3-4 OLB is also asked to drop in coverage. Of course his stats will be down.....

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Great contribution. God forbid we discuss something that just happened today that adds perspective to something that happened just a month ago. There’s so much else going on right now after all.

I mean most of us wanted Burns gone. Now that he's gone why are we still discussing him?

It's like the crazy ex. Let the man go!

This was no shot at you. I'm talking in general about Burns. Wish him well, but I don't really care to discuss him anymore. Giants will found out sooner than later what he's all about. Then we can pile on Burns.

27 minutes ago, BULLETPRQQF said:

Can't be considered overpayment because of 2 different systems. 

If these were Burns 2nd worst stats in a 4-3 defense, with his hand in the dirt every play, I would say this argument holds merit. The problem is that a 3-4 OLB is also asked to drop in coverage. Of course his stats will be down.....

He's a prototypical 3-4 OLB. He gets blocked into the bleachers as a 4-3 DE against the run. 

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I mean most of us wanted Burns gone. Now that he's gone why are we still discussing him?

It's like the crazy ex. Let the man go!

This was no shot at you. I'm talking in general about Burns. Wish him well, but I don't really care to discuss him anymore. Giants will found out sooner than later what he's all about. Then we can pile on Burns.

We’re discussing him because hours ago the Jags signed his better counterpart to the exact same deal, which was information we did not previously have and makes the Panthers deal look better. You knew this was a thread about the Burns deal before you opened it nobody is forcing you to talk about it, I just don’t see the point in you trying to keep others from talking about it.

Edited by WUnderhill
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Guys please I love you all. Let's just move on from Burns.

He's no longer our problem.

As you said about Cam two years after he left??????  (Just kidding--might not have been you, but we still get the old, "Bring back Cam!" threads.  Not dissing Cam--blaming Ron Rivera for using him like a tank.