• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

🚨Tony Pauline: Panthers interested in CB Mike Sainristril @33

Hey if they think he is BPA....go get him. We need CBs and will definitely have to fill that room next year with a lot of new faces. If ( big If ) Horn stays healthy and this kid is taken and lives up to it, they have also made next year a lot easier. If Horn doesn't stay healthy and this kid is taken and lives up to it, they at least know what kind of player they need to compliment him. 

As far as Nickle Back goes....I feel like we need good DBs at all levels now, a lot of the game is those short/quick passes within 5-10 yards. Someone who can play well covering close to the line and also have a feeling for where the ball is going is really valuable. Bills and Colts just paid a pretty decent amount to their NBs. 

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Played 22% outside, 151 snaps of 684, but played one of the highest % of MI defensive snaps. 

What's a given is that he played a lot in Michigans's 4-2-5 with diverse assignments--which people saying he's slot exclusive or nickel aren't really considering the responsibilities for his potential role in the Fangio-hybrid penny package we run...this kid would get used 90%+ of snaps easily.  

He better walk on water.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, top dawg said:

He better walk on water.

You’re saying that because you don’t value the position - I disagree considering our scheme and how the NfL is these days. 

If people are serious about BPA then trust the process—and these are the talents to consider. 

14 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

He's been pretty consistently top 40 on PFF this offseason (currently #34).  #43 overall for Brugler.

PFF rankings don’t translate well. Greg Little case in point. This seems like a big reach if 43 is his best ranking.

12 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

You’re saying that because you don’t value the position - I disagree considering our scheme and how the NfL is these days. 

If people are serious about BPA then trust the process—and these are the talents to consider. 

Evero didn’t use Chinn at all. He played 27% of snaps. Diverse assignments and hybrid role worries me. Chinn is every bit as athletic as Sainristil in a much bigger (almost 40 pounds) package.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Perhaps. I would still prefer Kool-Aid or T.J. than a smaller corner. Relative to our immediate needs, I would think that a true outside CB is more important than a slot corner. We have a guy or two that can play slot corner just fine. I just don't believe that at 33, he's going to be the BPA. I don't believe it at 39 either to be honest. We'll see come Saturday.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Evero didn’t use Chinn at all. He played 27% of snaps. Diverse assignments and hybrid role worries me. Chinn is every bit as athletic as Sainristil in a much bigger (almost 40 pounds) package.

Yeah it was weird with Chinn - I still don't get what the deal was.  Interestingly enough, historically, Evero used Bryce Callahan, Kyle Fuller and then found his way to McMilian at NB/his primary slot corner in the box, all undersized (2) 5'9 and (1) 5'11.

I just don't think Chinn fit what he likes in the position.  Chinn was also on the sidelines when Horn was healthy and we played Jackson outside and Hill in the slot.  So he didn't even settle into the role consistently.  Under 200 snaps total on the year.  

Edit - add: Also tried K’Waun Williams there who's also 5'9ish.   His LAR days - Darious Williams 5'9

Please no. OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE!!!

So sick and tired of being behind the modern league because we continue to use our high draft picks on defensive players. Build the offense, the rules are built for it.

• Beer 1

How could people be upset about this? Can anyone even NAME our current NB?? How about the CB2 opposite Horn? All I know is I sure hecking cant especially after CJ was let go.

I like what they have to say about his attitude. We need guys like this on our team. If he truly played that much on the best defense he is clearly a talented football player. And talented football players are exactly what we need right now. 

Plus if you think hes available at 33 maybe grab a WR there and try again at 39? 

Either way, we need to go BPA right now every single pick.

6 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

How could people be upset about this? Can anyone even NAME our current NB?? How about the CB2 opposite Horn? All I know is I sure hecking cant especially after CJ was let go.

I like what they have to say about his attitude. We need guys like this on our team. If he truly played that much on the best defense he is clearly a talented football player. And talented football players are exactly what we need right now. 

Plus if you think hes available at 33 maybe grab a WR there and try again at 39? 

Either way, we need to go BPA right now every single pick.

Troy Hill. He's getting older, but it's not like he's an unknown quantity. Dane Jackson can also play the position.

We need a corner who can primarily play on the outside.

34 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Perhaps. I would still prefer Kool-Aid or T.J. than a smaller corner. Relative to our immediate needs, I would think that a true outside CB is more important than a slot corner. We have a guy or two that can play slot corner just fine. I just don't believe that at 33, he's going to be the BPA. I don't believe it at 39 either to be honest. We'll see come Saturday.

Valid - good discussion btw.

I will say, this is where I get a bit more sold on specific players over filling a void.  I do think there's validity in balancing positional priority in the draft with BPA, so I understand where you're coming from -- I'm more so just finding myself pretty compelled by this guy.    

I'm not a huge fan of Arnold and Kool-Aid, but they do check boxes and are overall really sound prospects.  If available, hell yeah, they or even DeJean would be optimal.  Do note - McKinstry isn't a ballhawk by any means and Arnold has even less CB experience than Sainistrill.  Elsewhere, TJ Tampa isn't that good in the run game, played a lot of off-man and only had 3 picks his entire career.  So you're banking on him rising to his potential.  Wiggins - he's hot/cold, has the size and some injury concerns.  It's just a big crop of different guys.  I've read mixed reviews on Lassiter and will be honest, don't know much on Rakestraw.  

You look a little further on the boards, and I think the Max Melton and Dru Philips types seem just as exciting at around the 3rd round.  

This will all be about what the board presents.  Looking at the prospects themselves, their production, consistency, accolades, word about their character/IQ, and how it seemed they fit in on their team (i.e. Mike S. being defensive captain & his team's voted MVP), that can tell a lot about success at the next level when all factored in together.   

35 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

yep.  Outside corner?  sure.  but not a nickle that high

I think the top paid NB is at 9 million per, Id even take a safety over a NB. Sure its the base and all, but a safety is on for 100% of the plays, NB maybe 65%. If you fail outside, they try you at NB.