• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

🚨Tony Pauline: Panthers interested in CB Mike Sainristril @33

Take anything with a grain of salt right now.  Just posted this in another thread:

He had that huge interception at the end of the title game.

Some fun notes:

• 2X team captain, was named team MVP for the best defense in the country. 
  • Described as a player coach and influencer, per the DB coach, he "changed the mindset of everybody on our team"
  • Former wide receiver so has the aggressive/ballhawk mentality (this kid doesn't drop INTs)
  • 6 INTs, 2 pick sixes last year, 3 picks took back for 70+ yards
  • Played 20% outside, 80% slot, had good capabilities blitzing.  5 TFL, 2 sacks
  • Only flagged for 1 PI in college (in the title game) covering Polk

SUMMARY: A two-year starter at Michigan, Sainristil was the starting nickel in former defensive coordinator Jesse Minter’s 4 -2-5 scheme, although he also saw 22.1 percent of his 2023 snaps at outside cornerback. After spending three years on offense for the Wolverines (when he enrolled, the coaches had internal battles as to which side of the ball he would play), Sainristil moved to defense for his final two years and was voted team MVP of the nati on’s No. 1 defense. He is a fluid and alert

athlete with a wide receiver background — one of just five FBS players with at least six interceptions in 2023 (ranked No. 2 in the FBS with 232 interception -return yards). Though he has some overaggressive tendencies, he trusts his instincts to anticipate and properly position h imself so he can make plays, both in coverage and versus the run. Overall, Sainristil has obvious size limitations that will remove him from some team’s draft boards, but other teams will be more than happy to bet on his outstanding toughness, instincts and ball skills. He will compete for immediate starting reps as a rookie nickel.

Seems like he was a BIG part of that team and its leadership.  

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Sounds Like he's a DAWG.

Everything put out there this time of year is a smoke. 

Tons of smoke.

but for real—I like what I’m coming across with this kid.

There’s so many from Michigan, and DB has been at my periphery, but digging into it, you can see why scouts and coaches would be fans of him. If a team is a sucker for size, Kool-Aid, Tampa or Rakestraw may be higher, but if you’re talking intangibles and ball hawking, he’s one of the tops in the entire draft.

Depending on how certain squads grade their DBs, I could see him as high as DB4 on some team boards. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Tons of smoke.

There’s so many from Michigan, and DB has been at my periphery, but digging into it, you can see why scouts and coaches would be fans of him. If a team is a sucker for size, Kool-Aid, Tampa or Rakestraw may be higher, but if you’re talking intangibles and ball hawking, he’s one of the tops in the entire draft.

Depending on how certain squads grade their DBs, I could see him as high as DB4 on some team boards. 

His natural leadership.  His willingness to do whatever it takes to make those around him better.  Smart. Pure football player.

Sounds like a Dan Morgan guy to me. 

• Pie 5

45 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Tons of smoke.

Well Canales wants to focus on getting more turnovers so a ballhawk CB makes sense here 

• Pie 2