• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt the kid is outright lying

I do question whether he's a complete moron though. I would assume that if the staff did say that they would have preceded it with "don't tell anybody, but..."

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Why would you tell a player in the second round that?  Crazy

you actually hear athletes say that a lot, they know team X has said they will snag them if there at X spot.....but generally they spill those beans after the draft.  Obviously, better players can fall and it sometimes doesn't go down as they were told though.  But it seems pretty common for teams to let guys know they are on their list and target area. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I just posted this yesterday.  My cynical side was showing when I made this, saying 'prove to me this is a NEW thinking Panthers front office' and until then we will continue to stupid sh*t in the draft.

It’s the exact same scouts with the assistant GM now the GM.

Why does anyone think things will be that different?

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Player aside— To have this type of tunnel vision again is concerning from the GM. 

This may be the influence of the Bryce camp, an expression of what they want.  I believe I read on some post here (Huddle) that Bryce’s father was pounding the table for Legette.  

I hope this is wildly wrong.  If true, we are so screwed as a franchise.

• Pie 1

I do know the new Kickoff rules really helped his stock and they do like him but.... If Payton Wilson is there at 33... that'd be my bet to get selected 1st. Dan talking about bringing an identity and building a team  vs just for Bryce, lends me to believe that's their guy if there. The other factor, at least 3 guys we aren't expecting will slide within distance. You'd be hard pressed  to not move up if Bowers or someone like Rodunze  get to the mid 20s.  That pick 39 will still hold high wr value. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Reading between the lines, I see Legette as a person who wants to come to Carolina and maybe he is trying to control the narrative.  I would never tell a player being picked at 33 that he is the pick--what if we get a great trade offer?  What if a Thomas, Mitchell, or Ladd is there?  "Oh well, we promised Legette..."  Not buying it.

Why would you want to come to Carolina?!

Also I'm sure they've told him they really like him and are considering him in the second round - as they have done with about 15 other prospects no doubt.

17 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

We need instant contributors, not developmental types so he better be ready if he’s the pick. No more TMJ or Mingo jamokes. Come in and produce day 1 like most WRs these days taken within the first 3-4 rounds.

well, some of that is on us though, not the WR.  You want a WR to come in and contribute.......team has to also put in them in position for early success with their scheme and QB play. 

20 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean I dont think he is outright lying about being told that.  That would be pretty wild if he did

I don't either, but why say anything about the Panthers?  To me, that could discourage other teams from taking you.   This is the time of year when you should take all media and player speculations with a grain of salt.  Even if they told Bryce that he would be the pick, it was not a month or so before the draft--it was just before it.  According to Legette, I get the impression that he last met with them in mid March...He said they met with him TWICE at the SR Bowl in February and again at his pro day in March...not sure about the other meeting (a visit).  He did say, "The KEEP telling me..." which suggests more than once, and he said (pro day) that other coaches are yelling at me (encouragement, maybe?) but the Panthers are the only people saying this. 

Here is a thought--is he trying to leverage his way into the first round by announcing this?

Second thought--Are the Panthers planning to use him like a Deebow and not an X?  To me, that might make sense with Young and it would make his skill set more valuable.  

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Also I'm sure they've told him they really like him and are considering him in the second round - as they have done with about 15 other prospects no doubt.

He is from Mullins, SC and stayed in SC to play his college ball.  Sounds like he wants to STAY in Carolina.  Which I could see Leggette really wanting to be here.  Which he could be playing that angle hard from his side too as a play to get drafted by the team he wants.  The despite you sucking so hard, you are my dream team card. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I don't either, but why say anything about the Panthers?  To me, that could discourage other teams from taking you.   This is the time of year when you should take all media and player speculations with a grain of salt.  Even if they told Bryce that he would be the pick, it was not a month or so before the draft--it was just before it.  According to Legette, I get the impression that he last met with them in mid March...He said they met with him TWICE at the SR Bowl in February and again at his pro day in March...not sure about the other meeting (a visit).  He did say, "The KEEP telling me..." which suggests more than once, and he said (pro day) that other coaches are yelling at me (encouragement, maybe?) but the Panthers are the only people saying this. 

Here is a thought--is he trying to leverage his way into the first round by announcing this?  If a team thinks he will drop to them in round 2, there is only one way to convince them to leapfrog.

Second thought--Are the Panthers planning to use him like a Deebow and not an X?  To me, that might make sense with Young and it would make his skill set more valuable.   I dunno.

Yeah I watched the Underdog thing and the Deebo stuff if they have a role is where that comes in... Still have to see how the board falls because somebody will drop that we aren't expecting. Happens every year. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

This may be the influence of the Bryce camp, an expression of what they want.  I believe I read on some post here (Huddle) that Bryce’s father was pounding the table for Legette.  

I hope this is wildly wrong.  If true, we are so screwed as a franchise.

Just a quick internet scan shows several articles humping the same claim that Bryce’s father wants Legette…

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

He is from the area.  He said during an interview, "If I play here, my family could come watch me play."  he might have grown up a fan... I agree with the second part. 

• Pie 2