• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

According to Legette, Panthers will draft Legette at #33

5 hours ago, CRA said:

yeah, and I think he clearly has had some hardships.  Losing both his parents.  His support system simply might be more Carolina based and important to him and less mobile.   I couldsee  him getting cherry picked to some random city across the country maybe being harder for him and him wanting to stay close to what he knows. 

I mean, I think it is clear he wants to play for us.  Which to me, is a positive.  I think he is playing that card. 

I personally really like Leggette.  I've been firm on that for some time.  I just don't like him at the top of round 2. 

that is exactly how I feel.  I would love him at 65.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Gimme all the Gamecocks you got

what this team needs....is Will Shipley.  Some orange blood running through our veins.  

We've been trying to build this ship off Gamecocks for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That was just a start.

The idea that no one has him going in the first round is....well...just wrong.

yeah, the combine changed things for him IMO.  He went from bottom of 2/top of 3.....to bottom of 1/top of 2.  

• Beer 1

For me it depends on who told legs this. Did tepper, Morgan or Canales tell him this? Or some trainer or scout type give him the love story bit. 

I find it awful hard that Morgan or canales told him a couple times.

Edited by Basbear

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

No he was not. You guys keep saying Smitty is high on these guys just because he gives you the positives or food for thought. Smith was "very high" on a day 3 receiver? Come on, man. Smitty acknowledges the positives and negatives, and offers a scenario where receivers might be successful. That's pretty much it. 

In this class, he's high on the top 3. I'd say he's very high on Nabers and Harrison. Outside of the top 3, questions abound, but he can envision a scenario where many of them can work.

Indeed he was extremely high on a Shi Smith. I have not stated Steve Smith was high on “these guys” as you say. He was definitely high on Shi Smith. That does not make his “Steve Smith’s” opinion meaningless. It just goes to show that sometimes even knowledgable people are not always 100% right. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

yeah, the combine changed things for him IMO.  He went from bottom of 2/top of 3.....to bottom of 1/top of 2.  

Plus, there's a lot of talk about the possibility of 14 WRs taken the first 2 rounds.

Wanting to sit back and wait for a WR in the 3rd round is going to be a mistake . If we have 2 WRs we want in this draft, we better damn make sure we take them in the 2nd and then roll with that BPA thing after.