• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darin Gantt: Trade down from #33

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

When I have mocked, I do not like the trade down scenarios, but I am trying to fill that second round pick in 2025.  I think you trade to keep from reaching.

We don't need to reach, we need everything.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt we trade back from 33 unless a qb or 2 have dropped.   I would simply go BPA at 33 if we stayed there and use 39 as a play chip after we see how the draft is going

I think the smart money is to listen, only take a great offer. 

• Pie 1

Heres the deal, teams don't just call one other team, they nearly call all the ones in front of you and behind. So most have already turned down a similar offer thats being offered to you. The old saying it takes two to tango. You have to want/willing to trade down and the other has to want/willing to offer a package to do so. 

Then you have this deal- team picking 34 is willing to only take extra 3rd, while 33rd team wants that 3rd and a future 2nd. Then you know 33rd is not picking a QB/___, so its makes more sense to trade with the cheaper 34th team. 

Darin is right, unless it's an unreal offer, take your true BPA at 33rd and get ready for 39th...

1 hour ago, chknwing said:

as much as people would hate it, trading up from #33 to say 32 or 31 to get that 5th year option on your player is worth it.

It's not even that expensive.

To go to 31 or 32 would likely mean swapping a high 5th (141) for a low 5th (173 or 176).

• Flames 1

Call the team that did this ultra awful trade-

TALLAHASSEE - Despite predictions that he would be a middle-to-late first-round choice, former Florida State defensive end Everette Brown slid to the second round in Saturday's NFL Draft.

The Carolina Panthers clearly thought Brown was a first-round value, swapping their first pick in the 2010 draft to San Francisco and snapping up the Atlantic Coast Conference sacks leader with the 43rd pick overall.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Until recently that was a top 3 bad draft pick in our history. After Fitterer it might not even be top 10.

I still feel the Sean Gilbert trade is still the worse, but.......if young does a 2023 repeat.......I mean that's got to challenge the top spot. 

most of fitterererers trades were not with heavy ammo, expect darnold and young. 5th for Baker but our terrible staff could not help him. He did get draft picks for Robby Anderson, Greg little, and Dennis daley all of them were considered pure trash. CJ Henderson and a 5th for a out of the league TE Dan Arnold and 3rd, that was a wash. Laviska Shenault was got for a 6th and 7th for two years of meh play and IRs, another wash/meh/no winner. 

The draft trades were in panthers favors, *but he did not select good players with the extra picks. 

I still feel the herniay has a lead in bad trades due the early usage of picks. But if you factor in greg Olson trade, that its self was a top 20 NFL history trade. Just the Edwards, otah, brown ones hurt.....I even remember when he traded a 5th for "tank" DT who played at NC State and fell asleep during meeting and was off the team next year. 

Both had unreal pressure to get back2back winning seasons form the owners, it had to play a role in most of other awful trades. 

Lets hope someone drops to #33 that is a no brainer pick and we can put this talk to bed.

If we are trading it is time to make another team overpay big time instead of us getting lesser value.  We aren’t here to be nice

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1