• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think Pearsall was always going higher but yes, the run on WRs is going to happen today--CBs too.  However, the move that caused the Panthers to trade up was when Buffalo and KC switched positions.  Morgan and Beane are friends and that deal was pretty generous.  KC would not have surrendered the fifth year option, in all likelihood.

buff gets the same player they would have at 32 and a better draft pick.  Now if they trade out of it then they will parlay that nicely as they are a patient team.  Morgan gave them a sweetheart of a deal

Character traits matter. There is a type of man they are now targeting. You can coach the finer points of the game. You can’t coach character. Are they going to play every down like their life depends on it? See Derrick Brown, Smith, Cam, T Davis, the entire 2003 squad, etc.

Burns came in with all the tools but never chose to hone his craft and gave effort only when it benefited him. Bye Felicia. It’s a new era. 

Mad dogging you, bro. 

Just now, Tbe said:

No doubt Tepper is/was involved, but the idea that Dan hasn’t been heavily involved the past few years is crazy.

Fitt wasn’t doing all this on his own.

Minus Fitt, this is the same crew.

best friends, collaboration, roster has improved at every spot but 1 yada yada yada

we are literally doing the exact same thing

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Legette has not practiced yet, and but the "glass half empty" crowd has decided to get vocal.  Good for you guys.

I didnt like him as a prospect.   He was my biggest fear that Morgan is fitterer.  When the season starts I will cheer for him but until then I'm not going to magically act like i liked him as a prospect just because we drafted him.  As a prospect I still feel exactly the same about him.  As a player on the field for the Panthers I will hope always that he proves me wrong but for now this feels exactly like what Fitterer would have done the past few years.

• Pie 3

Guys.

Canales/Morgan/Idzik all have experience and time in Seattle and helped develop DK Metcalf.

They were all clearly banging the table for Legette.  He has unteachable athletic abilities and a nasty physical attitude on the field.

Let's be just a little patient.   (Yes, I know, we have sucked for years but this new staff deserves just a tiny bit of time before we shred them).

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We need route runners. Guys who can win off the line and get open quickly. Technicians.

Then we draft another raw measurables guy. 

Raw measurables guy who didnt do any agility or quickness drills because it wouldnt be good.  Hes a raw measurables guy running untouched in a straight line over a long distance.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

separating the argument if XL was worth 32(or 33) how the fug were they going to lose him if they didnt trade up?   Such panicky behavior that I have grown accustomed to with this dumb fuging team. 

They played themselves lol.  It got leaked we were taking him at 33 and we thought it was 4d chess to make someone panic to grab him at 32 and isntead we used it to scare ourselves and move up.  They literally only scared themselves lol

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Raw measurables guy who didnt do any agility or quickness drills because it wouldnt be good.  Hes a raw measurables guy running untouched in a straight line over a long distance.

But we have one of the top 5 route runners in the league with D. Johnson.  

It freed this pick to be playmaker type.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think Pearsall was always going higher but yes, the run on WRs is going to happen today--CBs too.  However, the move that caused the Panthers to trade up was when Buffalo and KC switched positions.  Morgan and Beane are friends and that deal was pretty generous.  KC would not have surrendered the fifth year option, in all likelihood.

Trade value wise we got screwed if you use the value chart.

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

What exactly is your point and what are you hoping to accomplish?  So the team did not draft the guy you wanted?  You think Ladd McConkey has no shortcomings?  This post demonstrates how you are looking for anything you can to prove that you are all knowing and the Panther general manager and coach are dumb.  Is that what you want?  Instead of taking the position, "I have no idea how this might work out, fingers crossed." you have decided to go on a witch hunt.  Not with you.  I hope he balls out enough to cause you to change your username and profile pic.

I actually wanted BPA at 33 preferably a center. Maybe a WR at 39. Ladd Mcconkey is just the answer to your question of who is more polished than XL. 

As a fan of this team for over 20 years I can say without uncertainty that this move is short sighted and made based off of fear. It’s not the obligatory 5th we gave up that I care about, it’s the philosophy of the move. We’ve made moves like this for the past 5 years. And no, I don’t trust this staff to make the correct decisions when it comes to the draft because since Tepper has taken over our drafts have been dog poo. 

I hope I’m wrong. I always hope I’m wrong when I think a move we make is crap. Turns out though the majority of the moves weve made under Tepper are indeed crap. I get it if Leggette is your guy. But this organization lost my trust years ago. 

• Beer 2