• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peyton Wilson and Will Shipley

2 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Give me Jackon Powers-johnson at 39. Beef up the interior of our offensive line with our 2 fa signings. TE or LB would be my next choice. Will Shipley should not be drafted anytime soon. Give me Jonathan Brooks if we are going RB

On my board/mock I have Tennessee taking him at 38.  However, someone has to fall.

Here is my up-to-date mock--I was giddy after this. 

image.thumb.png.d9e0ce55e19e07f9bbcd3da0a5e8b8b5.png

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Cooper has been attached to them a lot lately. 

When Morgan says "Dawg" he has to be referring to ILBs first and foremost--Davis, Beason, Mills, Morgan, Luke--when we have been good, we have had "Dawgs" in the middle.  It seems pretty likely that all the "Dawg" ILBs (Colson, Wilson, and Cooper) will be gone by 65.  There will still be CBs available at 65--or a second WR.  So I think Morgan goes LB at 39.

12 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

As a Clemson fan I agree with this comment.  You can get Shipley later.  Also we have never drafted a Clemson player, so we probably won't do it.

I could see Ruke or Xavier being possibilities this year.  Top 30 visits.  Seems this group looked at Clemson more so than past regimes.   Not that I really want that to happen.  I think the last time I legitimately wanted them to draft a Tiger was Nuk. 

I'm also curious if they end up doubling down on the local products.   XL checks the box.   They brought Wilson, Walker, a bunch of Clemson guys in.  Who knows.  I would like Shipley in the 4th.  But I strongly want them to draft a RB that isn't an early down runner and can be part of the pass game. 

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

On my board/mock I have Tennessee taking him at 38.  However, someone has to fall.

Here is my up-to-date mock--I was giddy after this. 

image.thumb.png.d9e0ce55e19e07f9bbcd3da0a5e8b8b5.png

This guy knows ball.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I could see Ruke or Xavier being possibilities this year.  Top 30 visits.  Seems this group looked at Clemson more so than past regimes.   Not that I really want that to happen.  I think the last time I legitimately wanted them to draft a Tiger was Nuk. 

I'm also curious if they end up doubling down on the local products.   XL checks the box.   They brought Wilson, Walker, a bunch of Clemson guys in.  Who knows.  I would like Shipley in the 4th.  But I strongly want them to draft a RB that isn't an early down runner and can be part of the pass game. 

Shipley's attitude last year bothers me - heard some stuff from people connected that he has a bit of a diva and complained about not getting the ball.  We already have DJ for that lol.  But I wouldn't be mad at it if we did grab him later - he was very good in spurts for the Tigers.  I'd rather get a true 3rd down RB though with rushing upside to compliment Chuba and help BY in the screen game.  Blackshear is good for that but we could upgrade it.

I do like Trotter from Clemson for us also - maybe in the 4th, I am hoping we get Sinnott tonight in the 3rd.

17 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

Shipley's attitude last year bothers me - heard some stuff from people connected that he has a bit of a diva and complained about not getting the ball.  We already have DJ for that lol.  But I wouldn't be mad at it if we did grab him later - he was very good in spurts for the Tigers.  I'd rather get a true 3rd down RB though with rushing upside to compliment Chuba and help BY in the screen game.  Blackshear is good for that but we could upgrade it.

I do like Trotter from Clemson for us also - maybe in the 4th, I am hoping we get Sinnott tonight in the 3rd.

yeah, I think that side sort of emerged at the end of the prior year too and just stuck.  The Gamecock game specifically.  Didn't he have to apologize for saying too much after Dabo botched that one on trick plays, abandoning a run they couldn't stop and stuff?  But I mean, I think he was right.  Not that you want your player saying the correct thing publicly lol.   Think he just got frustrated Clemson could of won more games than they did....if it was just about that and not trying to develop DJ and then Cade.  I mean, I do think running and grinding out Shipley/the ground game and playing D....probably could of won some of those losses. 

and that CJ Spiller incident on the sideline is a legit dislike moment this past year.   And I largely ding most guys hard for those type things.  Which I probably give him a pass on. 

end of the day, I just want a natural pass catcher in the backfield and to round out the backfield better. 

I forget about Trotter in this draft.  I do think if a Tiger is signed, it's a front 7 guy.  Just like fearing them overdrafting Shipley.  Part of me worries about Ruke. Who they must like to some extent.