• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft: Rounds 2 & 3

Just now, 45catfan said:

Wonder if Bill Cowher had any input in that pick?

Not sure. He's a great LB but I think most teams felt the risk drafting him high was more than they were willing to pay. For the Steelers it was nothing unknown to them as they've had players with the same problem before. It worked out for them so they took a chance. I can't fault a team either way. It's all a gamble anyway. 

Just now, CPantherKing said:

The Panthers are so bad that the picks in the first 3 rounds should start if the front office is good

Why wouldn’t Legette and Brooks start? They say Brooks should be ready by training camp. I’m alright if they ease him in a bit but it seems pretty likely he starts at some point this season. And there’s no other WR on our roster who does what Legette does. He’s a starter.

Interesting to note: We'll end up with a pick in every round this year and gained our missing 2nd back next year.  Notable Bryce-trade capital was retrieved without losing anything beyond.  Albeit, you can't recoup us landing the #1 overall pick, but it's still aight maneuvering.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Not sure. He's a great LB but I think most teams felt the risk drafting him high was more than they were willing to pay. For the Steelers it was nothing unknown to them as they've had players with the same problem before. It worked out for them so they took a chance. I can't fault a team either way. It's all a gamble anyway. 

Being both a Wolfpack and Steeler legend, I would have to think Cowher couldn't let Wilson fall past them again and pulled a little influence.  Maybe not, but I could totally see that being plausible.

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Interesting to note: We'll end up with a pick in every round this year and gained our missing 2nd back next year.  Notable Bryce-trade capital was retrieved without losing anything beyond.  Albeit, you can't recoup us landing the #1 overall pick, but it's still aight maneuvering.  

The maneuvering didn't bother me as much as who we picked when actually did make a selection.  Yes, getting all our draft capital back (standard amount of picks) this draft and recouping our 2nd next year was nice.

Pretty wild for 6 QBs to go in the top 12 then zero from picks 13 though 100.

Definitely reinforces the notion that there was a huge drop off after the first six. I just thought we'd see a decent drop off after the first four. I figured Nix and Penix would go somewhere between the late first and the end of the second. Definitely didn't see either in the top half of the first.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pretty wild for 6 QBs to go in the top 12 then zero from picks 13 though 100.

Definitely reinforces the notion that there was a huge drop off after the first six. I just thought we'd see a decent drop off after the first four. I figured Nix and Penix would go somewhere between the late first and the end of the second. Definitely didn't see either in the top half of the first.

Pratt at 4.1.  Let's go!