• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sticking it to America's Team

MHS831

I said it last night and I’ll say it yet again…..after watching our offense last year, who in here would be mad if I told you a month ago that we come out of the first two rounds with our stud WR with a 5th round option, get the best RB in the draft, and recover a 2nd round draft pick next season. Watch this and tell me you are not excited for his potential. Hubbard is a solid backup on 95 percent of the teams in the league…. We are bringing the juice back on one of the worst offenses in our history along with some monsters on the O line 

• Pie 5

A healthy Jonathan Brooks catching screen passes in the flat is going to be a thing of beauty.  This pick was a real explosive weapon.  I do think Cowboys would have traded up for him

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not sure much has changed to be honest. We'll see.

I am already seeing less "kicking the can down the road."  Getting Clowney to replace Burns was a good move (financially too).  Prioritizing the OL.  the Johnson for Jackson trade, adding a second rounder in this draft--he seems to have a plan and is not focused on the now as much as the future.  I see refreshing differences.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, NAS said:

A healthy Jonathan Brooks catching screen passes in the flat is going to be a thing of beauty.  This pick was a real explosive weapon.  I do think Cowboys would have traded up for him

Word was out that there were "rumblings" that we wanted Brooks too.  So yeah, they had to know that too.  They probably would have leapfrogged us.

1 minute ago, NAS said:

Saw someone comp him to Aaron Jones.

Id be thrilled with someone like that.

i known talking to some draft people.  Several felt he would’ve been a 1st rd guy if not for the ACL tear this season.

If our staff and medical team feels good about him doing their homework into the medicals this offseason.  Then this is a good pick. 
Our HC point blank told you all he wants it to be a heavy heavy run offense with playaction.  And right now we have Miles Sanders who is only here because the bad contract the last regime and his former coach (Reich/Staley) gave him.   And Chubba Hubbard, who would be a RB on 90% of the teams in the league.

• Pie 2

Just now, NAS said:

No doubt.

People just don't like the fact that Morgan didn't pick the person that they wanted, but the value is definitely there. 

• Pie 5

A Parable.  By MHS.

Once in MHS land, there were two ways to get home from Lowe's.  MHS's wife, the evil scourge from Ohio, used to shriek, "Turn right!!! It is faster!!!"  MHS refused to give in to the evil scourge's unsubstantiated logic because he had a different, more direct path in mind.  That did not deter the evil scourge from scourging, until one day, the evil scourge's brother met us at Lowe's and she rode home with him, determined to get home more quickly with her Ohio State graduated brother.  They turned right.   Behind them, I turned left.  When they arrived at our home, the evil scourge's lair, I was already parked, inside the house, and feasting on a warm Pop Tart.  The evil scourge had been defeated. 

Moral?  Sometimes, you think your way is the best way or the only way.  That makes you an evil scourge, blind to the ways of someone else, who might have a better way that your ego blinds you from considering.

The End.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

we come out of the first two rounds with our stud WR with a 5th round option, get the best RB in the draft, and recover a 2nd round draft pick next season.   WELL SAID--NUFF SAID   

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thought this was going to be about Brandon Graham saying "Dallas sucks" from the podium.

(Lady Cowboy Fan is still stewing over that one) 😄

This works too, though.

You can play it for her over and over

Edited by jfra78
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, MHS831 said:

A Parable.  By MHS.

Once in MHS land, there were two ways to get home from Lowe's.  MHS's wife, the evil scourge from Ohio, used to shriek, "Turn right!!! It is faster!!!"  MHS refused to give in to the evil scourge's unsubstantiated logic because he had a different, more direct path in mind.  That did not deter the evil scourge from scourging, until one day, the evil scourge's brother met us at Lowe's and she rode home with him, determined to get home more quickly with her Ohio State graduated brother.  They turned right.   Behind them, I turned left.  When they arrived at our home, the evil scourge's lair, I was already parked, inside the house, and feasting on a warm Pop Tart.  The evil scourge had been defeated. 

Moral?  Sometimes, you think your way is the best way or the only way.  That makes you an evil scourge, blind to the ways of someone else, who might have a better way that your ego blinds you from considering.

The End.

it’s amazing how often people get their knickers in a twist over making sure other people do even the most remedial things, like folding laundry or washing dishes, their way. there’s usually 500 different ways to do a thing, and they are all just as good.

• Pie 1