• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How short a leash will Young be on?

Jmac

13 hours ago, Fenrir said:

The issue is that there aren’t any elite QB prospects next year. I think his leash is longer than a lot of fans realize…

B-I-N-G-O.  Too bad we didn't wait to take a QB in this historic QB draft.  I mean, nobody saw this coming, right? 

*cough* I did *cough*

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

B-I-N-G-O.  Too bad we didn't wait to take a QB in this historic QB draft.  I mean, nobody saw this coming, right? 

*cough* I did *cough*

Calling it historic before games are played is bold 

• Pie 5

That Lawrence draft was suppose to be great. He is the only QB from the 1st still with his team before the rookie contracts are even over. 
I definitely wouldn’t want Bo Nix, Penix has injury flags and is old, Daniels didn’t look great into year 5, JJ wasn’t asked to do much in that offense. These guys are far from being flawless prospects. Let’s see how they turn out. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Calling it historic before games are played is bold 

Or some could see the talented class ahead of time.  Will they all pan out? Of course not, but when you have 6 guys drafted in the top 12 picks, that means it was loaded draft.  Teams didn't just grab a QB because they needed one.  It wasn't a case of impulse shopping in the check out line.

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

*cough* I did *cough*

Well wait.

They are building a team as we speak to cater to a under equipped player’s deficiencies.

Put a little differently they are overbuilding it to compensate for the design flaws of a weak component. 

No one would design an NFL QB with Bryce Young as their template. 

No. One. 

It is always around this point that I get really pissed off or frustrated and lose the thought or point I am going for, because I look at it and realize that what I just wrote, is 100000% true.  

So I lost the point again. Sorry 45.

I get so pissed off at the decision makers that put this on us.

It isn’t about whether Young is a good kid. Doesn’t matter. Besides that he has no underdog cred, at all, and that is the only reason I’d have to ignore my good sense. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

16 minutes ago, strato said:

Well wait.

They are building a team as we speak to cater to a under equipped player’s deficiencies.

Put a little differently they are overbuilding it to compensate for the design flaws of a weak component. 

No one would design an NFL QB with Bryce Young as their template. 

No. One. 

It is always around this point that I get really pissed off or frustrated and lose the thought or point I am going for, because I look at it and realize that what I just wrote, is 100000% true.  

So I lost the point again. Sorry 45.

I get so pissed off at the decision makers that put this on us.

It isn’t about whether Young is a good kid. Doesn’t matter. Besides that he has no underdog cred, at all, and that is the only reason I’d have to ignore my good sense. 

Yup, nobody hates the kid.  Heck, he seems like the kind of guy you want your daughter to merry.  Super character guy.  However, he's in a line of business that unfortunately necessitates certain physical traits that he simply doesn't have. 

I wasn't thrilled with last year's QB class and thought we should build the skill positions to help out a rookie QB this draft class.  Next year we are looking at Dieon's son, Ewers and several guys that I'm very iffy on.  Maybe one or more has as Joe Burrow type of season.  Even so, unless Bryce just has a melt down, I highly doubt we are looking to move on until the 2026 draft.  Probably by then he'll be just good enough to keep out of the top 10 or 15.

Edited by 45catfan

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Or some could see the talented class ahead of time.  Will they all pan out? Of course not, but when you have 6 guys drafted in the top 12 picks, that means it was loaded draft.  Teams didn't just grab a QB because they needed one.  It wasn't a case of impulse shopping in the check out line.

"Teams didn't just grab a QB because they needed one."

Also, Bo Nix taken 12th overall. 

5 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

"Teams didn't just grab a QB because they needed one."

Also, Bo Nix taken 12th overall. 

So Denver didn't have a first round grade on him?  Granted that was rich for pick 12, but he wasn't lasting until round 2 and they knew that.

Bryce needs to show improvement.  For that to happen, he needs his OL to play better, the running game to be productive, his WRs and TEs to catch the ball, and a coaching staff that has a plan and vision.

If Bryce doesn't show the ability to play in the NFL then we'll be picking high again and can try to QB lottery again.

The pressure is on him to produce.  

Edited by d-dave
Why did it post randomly???