• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Thoughts on Legette based upon an ex-scout's ranking him WR1 in the draft

19 minutes ago, TD alt said:

If nothing else, X is muscular and dense. LOL @ getting drilled by an NFL caliber player. You think that playing in the SEC that he wasn't hit by an "NFL caliber player?" X is in the pros now. He'll likely get denser and stronger. When those NFL caliber players are out there making business decisions, you remember this response.

Hope you're right...TMJ got crushed once...see where hes at? 

On 5/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, MrBubba said:

Legette is a nice prospect, with lots of upside.  But this guy saying he is better than Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors, sorry but he's out of his ever loving mind.  

That's unfair.  It might be a different take, but it isn't like he's doing it with zero research.  He gives his reasons.  It would be different if he was saying something so boldly without backing up why he felt that way.

And you just never really know.  Great WRs come from every round nowadays.  Is it really that outrageous to think Legette could be the best one?  Just last year arguably the 2 best rookie WRs were Nacua (5th round) and pre-injury Dell (3rd round).  Amon-Ra went 4th and he'd be the best WR in his class if not for Chase.  

17 minutes ago, Mage said:

That's unfair.  It might be a different take, but it isn't like he's doing it with zero research.  He gives his reasons.  It would be different if he was saying something so boldly without backing up why he felt that way.

And you just never really know.  Great WRs come from every round nowadays.  Is it really that outrageous to think Legette could be the best one?  Just last year arguably the 2 best rookie WRs were Nacua (5th round) and pre-injury Dell (3rd round).  Amon-Ra went 4th and he'd be the best WR in his class if not for Chase.  

Notice those WRs you mention had quality QBs throwing them the ball.

• Pie 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, MrBubba said:

Legette is a nice prospect, with lots of upside.  But this guy saying he is better than Harrison, Odunze, and Nabors, sorry but he's out of his ever loving mind.  

Harrison played in the big ten and was a no show against Michigan, so he's a wash. This guy was the playmaker for an offense that with out him wouldn't have scored any points last year, like us. Nabors is the best in the draft, but i'd say he's second. Both Washington guys were great, but not singularity and they had a great QB and didn't play against good defenses outside of Oregon.

25 minutes ago, Mage said:

Yeah I don't know who will be the best, and I can assure anyone that hype will not make them the best. Legette will play with a decent QB (not saying that it's going to be Young) and will be playing amid decent weapons---NFL-caliber receivers and what looks to be a decent O-line. Circumstances do make a difference. Honestly, you had so many guys this year who could turn out being the best of the class. You don't earn that honor during the draft.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Notice those WRs you mention had quality QBs throwing them the ball.

Okay and?  Legette's career likely won't be with just one QB if Bryce doesn't improve.

Edited by Mage
  • Beer 1

Oh yeah the QB is huge in this stuff. Imagine what Smitty could have done with a surgeon back there. And some more offensive minded head coaches. It was always run heavy. He was one of the best I ever saw and people didn’t know who he was outside of Carolina, for the longest time. 

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Oh yeah the QB is huge in this stuff. Imagine what Smitty could have done with a surgeon back there. And some more offensive minded head coaches. It was always run heavy. He was one of the best I ever saw and people didn’t know who he was outside of Carolina, for the longest time. 

I don't know if he needed a surgeon back there. The gunslinger aspect aids WRs too.   Think he just needed a more pass happy O.  I mean, imagine if he got the target % Brandon Marshall or Andre Johnson or Calvin were getting in their primes.    Bigger target difference between 89 and some other WRs from that era.   I mean, you get to the point, 89 was rounding down to 100 targets and some were rounding up to near almost 200 a season. 

Remember in the 2020 draft Justin Jefferson was the fifth receiver selected.

Henry Ruggs, Jalen Reagor, and Jerry Jeudy were selected ahead of him.

Every year there are WR's selected high who bust. Nobody really knows, not even NFL scouts.

XL could absolutely be better than either Marvin Harrion, Nabers or Rome.

• Pie 2