• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Trevor was playing through a ton of different injuries in year 3 though.  Which impacted a lot.  Probably shouldn’t have been on the field often but they were trying to sneak into the playoffs. 

But even averaging things out…

its 65%, 4000+ yards, 27 total TDs and 8.5 win season.  Which doesn’t t seem realistic for Young 

I don’t think these are crazy expectations for a no 1 overall pick. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I think he'll have marginal improvement and we'll be a run of the mill bad team picking somewhere around the fringes of the top 10 which might be the worse case scenario.

I'd greatly prefer he either boom or bust. Show me something. Show me you can be the guy or just suck ass and let's move on and get it over with. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he'll have marginal improvement and we'll be a run of the mill bad team picking somewhere around the fringes of the top 10 which might be the worse case scenario.

I'd greatly prefer he either boom or bust. Show me something. Show me you can be the guy or just suck ass and let's move on and get it over with. 

Agree, worst case scenario he looks like Teddy B which would be good enough for Tepper to keep him around for 8 years

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Agree, worst case scenario he looks like Teddy B which would be good enough for Tepper to keep him around for 8 years

I keep hoping he is still the same impatient dude that had Teddy run off and got Sam in and the next year Baker PJ and Sam. And then that monstrosity of a trade and pick.

Please don’t change that just because it was your pick, Dave. It’s okay to be impatient. 

Or, it is the wrong time to repent and find patience. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 2

5 hours ago, strato said:

I keep hoping he is still the same impatient dude that had Teddy run off and got Sam in and the next year Baker PJ and Sam. And then that monstrosity of a trade and pick.

Please don’t change that just because it was your pick, Dave. It’s okay to be impatient. 

Or, it is the wrong time to repent and find patience. 

Tepper needs to develop a lot more patience but if Bryce doesn't show that he at least has the actual physical tools to succeed then this isn't the time to all of a sudden develop patience.

• Beer 2

On 5/5/2024 at 1:55 PM, 45catfan said:

Untrue.  Frank and Bryce were a bad fit for one another.  If we would have taken Stroud, we would have been better, I have zero doubt.  Still not a playoff team, but better than two EP walkoff FGs from being winless.  Young would not have done with the Texans what Stroud did.  Frank is an easy scapegoat because he's no longer here. 

This. I still think Frank wanted CJ because he likes the tall, strong armed type of QBs. Bryce was literally the complete opposite of every other QB Frank has liked.

Bryce has no excuses this year. The Oline is much improved and if our draft picks are at least halfway decent, he has a pretty good looking run game, receivers that can get open (Thielen, Johnson) + a speedster to stretch the field in Legette, and a TE I am pretty high on in Sanders. If he doesn't show significant improvement this year, we need to be drafting our next QB (I assume we will be picking top 5 if he doesn't significantly improve)

• Pie 1

He needs to make everyone believe that he can win a game when it is up to him.  Until his teammates and fans believe that he is a clutch performer and will elevate this team in it time of  need he will be considered a bust.  It is the difference between Daniel Jones and and Joe Burrows…. One has it and one doesn’t and right now BY does not have “it”. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

That's nice. Shorts, no pressure, no clock. No defenders on the target nor in his face. 

People threw money at him, off of doing that.

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

Too late to edit my last comment... sorry it seems so negative but that is what we saw all last year and was all peaches and cream, until it got real. 

I can’t indulge in fantasy hopes, it has to be done in the real world not practice field drills. And we won’t get any feedback on that for months now.

A big do over for everyone.