• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle was a run heavy team

Just now, frankw said:

Say what you want about Kyler and his commitment to his craft ie playing Call of Duty or whatever. But he clearly isn't afraid of putting in time and effort in the weight room as a #1 overall draft pick. That's kind of a necessity if you want to be the guy for a franchise. Well unless you're the Carolina Panthers apparently.

You gotta win at least a little bit in the genetic lottery to be over 200 lbs at the height of a toddler and look like Kyler.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

You gotta win at least a little bit in the genetic lottery to be over 200 lbs at the height of a toddler and look like Kyler.

True. But you still have to start somewhere if being a pro athlete is your choice of career path.

Edited by frankw

Just now, frankw said:

True. But you still have to start somewhere if being a pro athlete is your choice of career path.

My point is not everyone is capable of having that much meat on their bones.  I bet Bryce has been lifting since high school.  I can guarantee it.  He just doesn't have the genetics of an NFL athlete.  It is what it is.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Say what you want about Kyler and his commitment to his craft ie playing Call of Duty or whatever. But he clearly isn't afraid of putting in time and effort in the weight room as a #1 overall draft pick. That's kind of a necessity if you want to be the guy for a franchise. Well unless you're the Carolina Panthers apparently.

Who cares if your quarterback is jacked or not? Brady Quinn and The Golden Calf of Bristol failed miserably and they obviously hit the weights hard.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

we hover around just mediocre enough to compete for the playoffs but never doing much else.

Most of the fanbase will be happy with that for the next 5-10 years with how bad things have been since the last SB run. Besides, being mediocre is all this fanbase has ever known, so they'll be doubly comforted.

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Who cares if your quarterback is jacked or not? Brady Quinn and The Golden Calf of Bristol failed miserably and they obviously hit the weights hard.

Quinn and The Golden Calf of Bristol had the necessary frame to add to. They didn't bust solely because of their physical traits.  We can be defensive with one another but what we see with Bryce is what we get. We didn't make the decision.

Edited by frankw

Posted (edited)

I mean, I'm not going to complain. Until Baker went Baker, they were almost in the NFC championship this past season. They kept defenses honest by running the ball, even though their backs were pedestrian at best. I don't think that we'll smell the conference championship this year, but perhaps we'll be competitive. If we have an undoing it will be Bryce in the passing game.

It's wait-and-see.

Edited by TD alt

14 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

There is a reason that in every weight room in America there is a sign that says “bigger stronger faster”

I do think its laughable that people want Bryce to lift weights like

A) he isn't but his goal is not to get jacked

B) Unless you expect him to pack on 50 LBs of muscle I don't really see the point. Arm strength/velocity has a lot to do with range of motion and flexibility in your shoulder. Basically creating torque. After that mechanics of transferring that energy and then its pure strength after that. He proved his durability, don't need to get bigger for that. MAYBE gain some weight to help get out of tackle but that should be lower on his list of priorities. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

B) Unless you expect him to pack on 50 LBs of muscle I don't really see the point. Arm strength/velocity has a lot to do with range of motion and flexibility in your shoulder. Basically creating torque. After that mechanics of transferring that energy and then its pure strength after that. He proved his durability, don't need to get bigger for that. MAYBE gain some weight to help get out of tackle but that should be lower on his list of priorities. 

has he proven his durability? 

Now I think they are liars but let's go with the company line.  Young couldn't even suit up after his first career start.  He is 22.  He almost started 1 full season.  I think durability is tested over a couple seasons. 

• Flames 1

34 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Average height of American male is 5'9". He's not toddler height he's above average. Being short by professional athlete size doesn't make one toddler height.

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is a reason that in every weight room in America there is a sign that says “bigger stronger faster”

No there isn't 

7 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

It's amusing how the bar has been lowered so much for a #1 pick here in Carolina that simply expecting him to attempt to do anything at all to improve phsyically like his former general manager said he expected him to is akin to expecting "50 pounds of muscle" lmao.

Guys it's fine to expect the face of the franchise who is sitting on a 38 million dollar contract to put in some level of extra effort.